Fun Things to Celebrate for Fall, Halloween and Dia de los Muertos
Here are two fun things, amazing local cocktails, to shake up at home!
In the charming Texas cityscape of San Antonio, Located on the rooftop of the PHIPPS building, Paramour is a vibrant craft cocktail rooftop bar offering breathtaking views of the iconic San Antonio skyline. Recognized as the premier rooftop bar in San Antonio, Paramour has earned its reputation through exceptional service, a captivating ambiance, and, of course, the stunning panoramic views it provides. The Mexican Vampiro embodies the spirit of Halloween and Dia de los Muertos. This concoction is an homage to tradition with a modern Paramour twist, perfectly marrying Viuda de Sanchez Sangrita, tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit soda. If you don’t want to do all the work you can always enjoy it on the rooftop and make your reservation here!
Paramour’s Mexican Vampiro
Serving: 1 cocktail
1 1/2 oz viuda de sangrita
2 oz tequila
1 oz fresh lime juice
Slice of lime
1. Rim skull-shaped glass with tajin.
2. Combine Viuda de Sanchez Sangrita, tequila, and lime juice in a mixing glass; add ice and shake.
3. Pour into the skull-shaped glass while straining.
4. Add ice and top with grapefruit soda and a slice of lime.
Twang, a San Antonio-based company and purveyor of Mexican-inspired food- and beverage-enhancing products, has released their brand new Twang-A-Rita Black Salt and showcases it in this Monster Margarita! Perfectly curated for the season of shadows, it’s an enchanting black-colored salt that’ll cast a spell on your tastebuds. And as Dia De Los Muertos approaches, let our Black Salt pay tribute to the elegance of the holiday, garnishing your celebratory drinks and dishes with a touch as beautiful as marigolds on a moonlit altar. Cheers to spirited sips and otherworldly adventures!
Twang’s Monster Margarita
Serving: 1 cocktail
Twang-A-Rita Black Salt
2 ounces of tequila
1 ounce melon liqueur
1 ounce lime juice
½ ounce agave syrup
1. Rim your glass with Twang-A-Rita Black Salt
2. Fill serving glass with ice
3. In a cocktail shaker add tequila, melon liquor, lime juice and agave syrup. Shake for 10-15 seconds
4. To garnish, scoop small balls out of honeydew melon
5. Place a blueberry in the center of each melon ball to resemble an eyeball
6. Skewer the melon eyeballs onto a cocktail stick and enjoy!