Hispanic Heritage Month is Four Weeks of Familia, Food and Fun at Estancia Del Norte
Familia, food and fun will be showcased throughout Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15 through October 15 at Estancia Del Norte, the place where San Antonio celebrates!
Estancia del Norte Hotel will be collaborating with several local nonprofits to showcase gastronomy, the arts and the importance of bilingual education in creative and delicious ways. The month long celebration will culminate on Oct 14th in a family fun game night of iQué Sabor! San Antonio™ loteria created by culinary photographer, Tracey Maurer.
PLAY TO WIN TWO ROUND TRIP AIRLINE TICKETS TO MEXICO!
Partial proceeds from the lotería cocktail will go to Somos Cultura y Más to support bilingual education in San Antonio.
“At Somos Cultura y Más, we are big believers in cultural family activities and the lotería is one of our favorite games. Our mission is to promote the culture, history and traditions of our community and this ancient game does exactly that. We are delighted with this partnership with Estancia Del Norte which assures us that there will be lotería and other bilingual games at the 25th annual celebration of El Día de los Niños in April 2023.“
Hold the Date
¡Qué Sabor! San Antonio – Family Friendly Lotería Night
In support of bilingual education, join honorary “Cantadores” Consul General of Mexico, Las Tortillas Rubén Minutti–Zanatta & First Lady of San Antonio,
La Barbacoa Erika Prosper as they call the loteria games in English and Spanish. Play to win exciting prizes including a one night stay for Two of Estancia Del Norte and Two Round Trip Tickets from San Antonio to Mexico on Aero Mexico Airlines!
6–8:30 p.m. Friday, Oct.14
At the Estancia Del Norte Hotel, Paseo Bar. Specialty cocktails available that night with partial proceeds to benefit bilingual education.
To RSVP and reserve your spot for our Family Loteria Night please email: email@example.com.
No cost to play the game – Food and drinks available for purchase.
Celebrate Food & Culture
Paseo Bar will be featuring a menu inspired by the same classic flavors that inspired the creation of iQué Sabor! San Antonio™ and that reflect the city‘s Hispanic culture. During Hispanic Heritage Month, all guests that dine at Paseo Bar or LAZO with Don Strange will automatically be part of the raffle to win a special ¡Qué Sabor! San Antonio™ lotería game from creator Tracey Maurer and a one–night stay for two at Estancia Del Norte, including breakfast, valued at $325. The community is welcome to purchase the ¡Qué Sabor! San Antonio™ lotería game for a special price of $10 during Hispanic Heritage Month (a value of $25).
Some highlights from the special Hispanic Heritage Month menu at Paseo Bar:
#41 La Sandía:
The Watermelon Paseo‘s Texas Watermelon Salad is a refreshing treat any day of the week.
#82 Los Chicharrones:
The fried pork skins. Add a crunch to your lunch with Paseo‘s amazing Chicharrones.
#27 Elotes Locos:
Crazy/Grilled Street Corn. A San Antonio favorite, this Texas Roasted Corn from Paseo Bar is packed with a spicy punch.
#17 The Street Tacos:
Whether fish or shrimp, Paseo‘s Street Tacos are a fan favorite.
Example of Lotería Poems / Versos
#41 | La Sandía
#41 La Sandía:
Carved up at picnics with seeds made for spitting Refreshing but messy, for kids it‘s more fitting
Tallado en los picnics con semillas hechas para escupir Refrescante pero desordenado, para los niños es más apropiado
#32 | Los Chicharrones
#32 Los Chicharrones:
This piggy has spice to give punch to its crunch Eat as a snack or a bunch in your lunch
Este cerdito tiene especias para darle un golpe a su crujiente Come como refrigerio o con tu almuerzo
Prizes for Lotería Night October 14th include:
- Two round trip tickets from San Antonio to Mexico on Aero Mexico (Delta) Airlines
- Don Strange of Texas Catered Event: Dinner for 14 at UNAM (alcohol not included)
- Don Strange of Texas Catered Event: Dinner for 14 in celebration of UT Library Sciences Mexican Cookbook Collection (alcohol not included)
- Four pack of free entries for the 2023 Tour de las Misiones courtesy of World Heritage Office
- 2 Suite Tickets to a UTSA Football game courtesy of Telemundo
- 2 Starlight Suite seats for Yuridia‘s concert at the Majestic Theatre on November 6th– includes complementary valet parking, starlight suite lounge access and wait service: courtesy of Las Casas Foundation
- 4 tickets to the Nutcracker courtesy of the Children‘s Ballet of San Antonio
- Family 4–pack tickets to “Velveteen Rabbit‘ courtesy of the Magik Theater
- Family 4–pack tickets to ‘The Color Purple‘ courtesy of Woodlawn Theater
- Family 4–pack to ‘A Christmas Carol the Musical‘ courtesy of the Public Theater
- Regalo Boutique Gift basket from local craftsmen and artisans
- 4 Starlight Suites tickets to ‘Bluey‘s Big Play – The Stage Show courtesy of the Majestic Theatre
- 3 hours of DJ services for an event, provided by the AM Project
- Lunch for 2 at Paseo Bar (alcohol not included)
- Happy Hour at Paseo Bar 2 complimentary cocktails.
- 1–Night stay at Estancia Del Norte for 2 adults.
- 1 Grill PardnerTM by Don Strange of Texas, INC.
- More prizes to come