Ida Claire Hosts Dinner Featuring Whiskeys from Balcones Distilling in Texas
Ida Claire, a Southern-inspired restaurant, partners with Waco-based distilling company for five-course dinner featuring craft cocktails and whiskeys on August 24.
This innovative Southern influenced restaurant is inviting San Antonians to enjoy an intimate evening comprised of chef-inspired food and hand-selected cocktails and whiskeys from Balcones Distilling.
On Thursday, Aug. 24 at 7 p.m., Ida will host a one-of-a-kind pairing dinner featuring drinks crafted and Distilled to Appreciate by the iconic Texas spirits company, Balcones Distilling. The prix-fixe menu includes:
- Crostini – Herbed goat cheese crostini and apricot salsa
- Baby’s Got the Blues – Balcones Baby Blue, Ancho Reyes, lemon, fresh corn juice and brown sugar apricot simple
- Seared Scallops – Marcona almonds, fried capers and apple cider glaze
- Balcones Pot Still Bourbon – Yellow chartreuse, lavender bitters, citrus-infused honey and Yellow Rose IPA
- Heirloom Tomato Salad – Heirloom tomato and grilled corn salad, shaved fennel, feta crouton and sorghum vinaigrette
- Rumble and Tumble – Balcones Rumble, Balcones Rum, extracted delicious apples, fresh lime juice, and tiki and plum bitters
- Crispy Port Cutlet – Brown butter, pimento dressing, arugula
- Brim Adventures – Balcones Brimstone, Alpina Walnut liqueur, Campari, ava cachaca and burlesque bitters
- Roasted New York Striploin – Herbed grit cake and butter-poached asparagus
- Nutty Fashion – Balcones Rye, Amaro Montenegro, orange-Infused simple, and orange and angostura bitters
- Mascarpone Cheesecake – Glazed nectarine
- Balcones Single Malt Barrel Pick – Served Neat
Tickets for this event are $110 per person including tax and gratuity. Reservations can be made by calling Ida at 210.667.2145 or emailing email@example.com.
Ida Claire – South of Ordinary
An intriguing, southern-inspired destination for relaxing suppers and slow weekend brunching, as well as a meeting hub for business breakfast, lunches, and happy hours. Ida lives at 7300 Jones Maltsberger Road in San Antonio. Learn more about her at ida-claire.com or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.