DoubleTree by Hilton has Summer-Inspired Recipes from Around the World to Celebrate National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day
DoubleTree by Hilton celebrates National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day on August 4 by sharing one-of-a-kind recipes to help celebrate this sweet holiday. As a follow up to the iconic hotel brand releasing the make-at-home recipe for its signature, warm chocolate chip cookie in 2020, DoubleTree went back to our recipe archives to pull some of the best summer-inspired cookie recipes from around the globe.
From a new take on classic American chicken fingers to a marvelous Malaysian milkshake, these recipes will keep a sweet tooth satisfied all day long and help your readers celebrate at home until they can visit a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel for the full cookie experience.
The recipes are below:
The DoubleTree Cookie Patch – Yields 1 Cookie Parfait
- 1 DoubleTree Cookie
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup organic granola
- Strawberry to garnish
- Take 1 DoubleTree Cookie and cut in half.
- Add granola and 1/2 of the DoubleTree Cookie, crumbled, in a small bowl.
- Add one cup of Greek yogurt and smooth over granola base.
- Blend as desired.
- Garnish with strawberry and remaining 1/2 DoubleTree Cookie.
DoubleTree Cookie-Coated Chicken Fingers – Yields 4-6 Servings
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken tenders
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 DoubleTree Cookies, crumbled to breadcrumb size
- ½ cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season the chicken tenders with salt. Put flour in a shallow dish.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl
- Combined the DoubleTree Cookie crumbs and breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess flour, then dip the floured chicken tenders into the egg and finally, coat them with the DoubleTree Cookie crumb and breadcrumb mixture.
- Place breaded chicken tenders on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
FRIED Cookie Coated Chicken Fingers – For fried chicken fingers, follow the instructions above, but place the breaded chicken tenders in the preheated oil for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove and place on a paper towel-lined tray or plate. Serve with honey mustard or syrup.
DoubleTree Cookie Burger – Yields 1 Burger
- 2 frozen DoubleTree Cookie “pucks”
- 1 hamburger patty, seasoned and cooked to preference
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 leaf of lettuce
- Preheat oven to 200° C (395° F).
- Reduce each piece of frozen DoubleTree Cookie dough by 1/3, leaving a 2/3-sized portion of each.
- Place both 2/3-sized portions of DoubleTree Cookie dough on a baking sheet, and place in the oven for 12 minutes, or until a golden-brown color is achieved.
- Remove the DoubleTree Cookie from the oven and let cool.
- Using one DoubleTree Cookie bun, layer lettuce, hamburger, tomato and cheese as desired.
- Add the cooked hamburger patty and top with the remaining DoubleTree Cookie bun.
DoubleTree Cookie Colada – Yields 1 serving
- 2 ½ tsp Coconut Rum
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp Irish Cream
- 2 ½ TSP Vanilla Vodka
- 1/3 Cup Pineapple Juice
- ¼ Cup Single Cream
- 2 tbsp Crushed DoubleTree Cookie
- 1 tbsp DoubleTree Cookie Crumbles (Garnish)
- 1 DoubleTree Cookie (Garnish)
- Nutella (Garnish)
- Add all ingredients to cocktail shaker with whole ice cubes.
- Shake for 60 seconds.
- Pour into the glass through a refiner to catch larger Cookie crumbs
- Coat the glass edge in hazelnut spread and dust with remaining Cookie crumb.
- Serve over ice.
Doubletree Cookie Vanilla Milkshake – Yields 1 milkshake
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) milk
- 1/2 DoubleTree Cookie, crumbled, for milkshake; 1/2 for garnish
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 cup ice
- Put ice cubes, ice cream, sugar, milk and DoubleTree Cookie in a blender.
- Blend well until smooth consistency is achieved.
- Pour into glass and garnish with 1/2 DoubleTree Cookie (crumbled).
- Serve with straw.
DoubleTree Cookie Ice Cream – Yields 5-6 servings
- 3 DoubleTree Cookies (crumbled)
- 5.5 oz (0,160 kg) quick ice cream powder base
- 1/2 cup (0,090 kg) sugar
- 1.5 cups (0,400 kg) milk
- 1 cup (0,250 kg) whipping cream
- DoubleTree Cookie crumble to garnish
- Raspberry and mint to garnish (optional)
PREPARATION (requires ice cream machine)
- Gradually stir crumbled DoubleTree Cookies, milk and cream with a wire whisk.
- Add the ice cream base and sugar and pour all the ingredients into an ice cream maker.
- Blend for about 30 minutes, until mixture retains smooth ice cream consistency.
- Garnish and serve