Canopy by Hilton has Some Recipes to Get You Excited About Summer Entertaining
Canopy by Hilton hotels want you to know, whether you’re looking for inspiration as you fire up the grill for a backyard barbeque or seeking out authentic local BBQ as part of a long-awaited vacation this summer, their hotels across the southwestern United States are serving up recipes for savory barbecue classics and refreshing cocktails that reflect their local neighborhoods.
Canopy San Antonio Riverwalk and Canopy Austin Downtown have each shared their neighborhoods’ unique twist on BBQ inspired by local character and cuisine, along with signature cocktails that scream summer to perfectly pair with your meal.
The recipes can be found below:
Canopy by Hilton
Located in the most desirable neighborhoods across the world, Canopy by Hilton is a vibrant lifestyle, boutique brand that embodies the neighborhood so that guests and locals have a positively local stay. Each hotel is designed as a natural extension of its neighborhood and provides a place to relax and recharge with simple, guest-directed service, comfortable spaces, an energizing atmosphere and thoughtfully local choices. Later in 2021, guests will be able to visit Canopy by Hilton in Madrid, London and Xi’an Quijan, China, as well as Chicago, Ill.
Grilled Adobo BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Adobo Marinated Chicken
- 4 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Natural Chicken Thighs
- 1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Natural Chicken Breast (butterflied)
- 1 cup Adobo BBQ Marinade
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil Blend
- 3 cups Adobo BBQ Sauce
- Adobo BBQ Chicken Tacos (1 portion = 3 tacos)
- 3 Corn tortillas
- Adobo Marinated Chicken
- Optional Toppings:
- Sour cream
- Fresh squeezed lime
- Shredded lettuce
- A sprinkle of Kosher salt
- Adobo BBQ sauce or another sauce of your choice
- Pickled Fresno peppers
- Whisk together marinade and oil until thoroughly combined, add chicken, and toss gently until chicken is thoroughly coated with the marinade.
- Let chicken marinate at least 8 hours.
- Place chicken on clean, hot grill that has been lightly brushed with oil until evenly charred on both sides and cooked just through.
- Remove chicken from grill and place on sheet tray in a single layer, cool at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Dice chicken into 1/4″ slices and place in a mixing bowl with Adobo BBQ Sauce, mix gently until thoroughly combined.
- Place chicken in a thin layer on a sheet tray and cool in refrigerator.
- Once cooled, place chicken into the tortillas and add the toppings of your choice.
- 1.5 oz Banhez Mezcal
- .25 oz Crème de Banana
- .75 oz Coco Lopez (Cream of Coconut)
- .75 Lime juice
- 2 Dashes of Angostura Bitters
Verbena BBQ Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken
- Break down into two pieces removing the breast and legs from the backbone. Once removed, debone chicken thigh gently without piercing the skin
- Chicken Marinade
- 1 Bunch Scallion
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Jalapeno
- 4 Limes Juiced
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- Method: Juice limes and cut through all herbs and add to blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour over chicken and let marinate for 24 hours.
- Celery Root Slaw
- 1 Celery Root Peeler
- 1 Head Radicchio
- 1 Head Fennel
- ¼ Crushed Pistachio
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- Salt to taste
- Method: Peel celery root and julienne cut the head of celery. Shave the fennel and radicchio very thin and mix all ingredients with parsley, crushed pistachio, and anchovy aioli. Finish with lemon and season with salt. This should be mixed 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Anchovy Aioli
- 1 Cup Dukes Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Chopped Anchovy Fillet
- 4 Cloves Confit Garlic
- 2 Lemons Juiced
- Salt to Taste
- Chicken Glaze
- ¼ Cup Reduced Chicken Jus
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresno Chili
- 4 Dashes of Tabasco
- ½ Lemon
- Method: Combine first three ingredients and bring to simmer. Remove off heat until ready to serve and finish with lemon juice.
- Take chicken out of marinade and lightly pat dry any excess.
- Place half chicken on grill and char skin for 3-4 minutes- make sure flames do not rise and burn the skin.
- Flip chicken and bake underside for 1-2 minutes.
- Take chicken off grill and place on baking tray and finish cooking chicken in oven at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Add the Anchovy Aioli to the celery root slaw and toss together
- Once chicken is cooked, glaze chicken in sauce and finish by squeezing fresh lemon over top and serve with celery root slaw.
- 2 oz Uncle Nearest Whiskey
- .75 oz Simple Syrup
- .5 oz Lemon Juice
- .5 oz Canton Ginger
- 2 oz of soda
1. Stir Uncle Nearest Whiskey, simple syrup, lemon juice and ginger.
2. Fill glasses with ice, pour into each glass, and top with soda
3. Optional: garnish with a slice of peach and basil.