JW Marriott San Antonio Gives Guys a Getaway Without Ever Having to Leave the Resort
JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa gives guys a way to gather and hang out with friends now that things are opening up. What better way to reunite with your guys than with a getaway at this awesome resort. There are endless entertainment options without ever having to leave the resort. Leave your keys in the room and rum around the resort!
The resort is set on 600 picturesque acres of quietly rolling hills, meandering creeks and live oak trees. Friends will find spa rejuvenation, outdoor adventure, a golfing paradise and authentic Texas Hill Country cuisine all just minutes from San Antonio International Airport.
A few options are below to book up your time during your guys getaway at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa:
- Play a round of golf on one of the two 18-hole PGA TOUR TPC San Antonio courses, home of the Valero Texas Open, at the resort
- Stop by High Velocity to watch your favorite team on the 120-foot-long high-definition video walls that will make you feel like you are right in the middle of the action while enjoying a meal and drink
- Cool off in the 9-acre water park experience by jumping in one of the many pools, relaxing in the adult infiniti pool, being lazy in the 1,100-foot lazy river, enjoying a thrill on the 650-foot rapid river ride, slide down one of the two body water slides, or hang out in one of the whirlpools
- Play a game of pool near the lobby bar
- Relax with a treatment at Lantana Spa, a 26,000 square-foot spa facility – the largest in Texas – that features 30 treatment rooms, couples suites, a fitness center and a movement studio with yoga and group exercise classes daily.
- The spa offers a sports massage that focuses on treating soft tissue aches, pain and injuries that are associated with recreational activities. This massage incorporates the use of a percussive device designed to enhance muscle recovery, release stress and tension, and soothe discomfort.
- Enjoy a delicious dinner at 18 Oaks Steakhouse with a selection of wild game entrees, a seasonal wine list and house-made specialties including smoked jerky as well as a variety of meats, cheeses and produce from nearby farms and ranches
- Are you a tequila fan? Sip on an Avion Anejo Old Fashioned at Cibolo Moon or enjoy any of the 100 tequila varieties and house-made infusions at Cibolo Moon’s Tequila bar. Cibolo Moon is the first restaurant in Texas to be recognized by the Tequila Regulatory Council of Mexico with an “Award T Recognition”.
- Enjoy a seasonal signature cocktail at Crooked Branch Lounge
- Enjoy a meal at Cibolo Moon, which incorporates the authentic flavors of Mexico and the famous ranches of the Texas Hill Country
Not able to make it to the resort? Cibolo Moon’s bartenders have you covered! Stir up and sip on the Avion Anejo Old Fashioned at home with friends or family.
Recipe for Avion Anejo Old Fashioned
- 1.5 oz. Avion Anejo Tequila
- 0.25 oz. Agave
- 2 Dashes of Bitters
- Orange Peel
- Luxardo Maraschino Cherry
In a mixing glass, mix the Avion Anejo Tequila and agave with the bitters. Stir until agave blends, pour over ice in a glass and garnish with the Luxardo Maraschino Cherry and orange peel. Enjoy!
National Tequila Day
And since July 24th is National Tequila Day you can sip tequila, enjoy a margarita, try a new specialty tequila cocktail, or taste one of the restaurant’s in-house infused tequila blends. The bartenders will gladly lead guests of the restaurant through tequila tastings, offering suggestions based on their individual preferences. The bar menu is available here.
Among one of the numerous tasty tequila cocktails that Cibolo Moon offers is the Mexican Martini, a perfect cocktail to add a little spice to National Tequila Day.
If you aren’t able to make it to JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa for National Tequila Day but want to make the cocktail for friends when you get home, here is the recipe.
- 1.5 oz Casamigos Anejo Tequila
- 0.75 oz Cointreau
- 0.25 oz lime juice
- Splash of olive juice
- 2 each of thinly sliced jalapeno slices
In a mixing tin, stir over ice and strain. Garnish with jalapeno slices.