Caribe Hilton is the birthplace of the Piña Colada, and Hilton Wants to Share Recipes for Pina Colada Day to Help You Enjoy this Tropical Delight all Year
With Caribe Hilton as the birthplace of the Piña Colada , Hilton shares two recipes – one classic and one with a unique twist – to help you raise a glass on National Piña Colada Day July 10. But no worries if you missed the holiday, with these two recipes, you can enjoy this cocktail all year long.
Did you know that a Hilton bartender was the mastermind behind the iconic rum-based cocktail? In 1954, Caribe Hilton’s bartender, Ramón “Monchito” Marrero, created a special cocktail that mixed rum, coconut cream and pineapple juice – and the delicious Piña Colada was born! The drink was served personally by the creator for 35 years while he worked as a bartender at the hotel, and in 1978, the Piña Colada was declared the official drink of Puerto Rico.
Caribe Hilton Original Piña Colada
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce coconut cream
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 6 ounces fresh pineapple juice
- ½ cup of crushed ice
- Pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry for garnishes
- Add the rum, coconut cream, heavy cream and pineapple juice in a blender.
- Add the ice and blend until smooth for about 15 seconds.
- Serve in a 12-ounce glass.
- Garnish with a fresh pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry.
Canopy by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk Oaxaca Colada
- 1½ ounces Banhez Mezcal or mezcal of choice
- ¼ ounce Crème de Banana
- ¾ ounce Coco Lopez (cream of coconut)
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- Add the mezcal, banana liqueur, cream of coconut, lime juice and bitters into a shaker with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a banana slice.
About Carib Hilton
San Juan’s best beachfront resort experience. Secluded beach, pools, spa, garden hammocks and more. Caribe Hilton making waves again after a beautiful $150M renovation.
Situated on 17 acres of exotic tropical landscaping, this beachfront resort is ideally located at the gateway to Old San Juan and just a short distance from the vibrant Condado district and the Puerto Rico Convention Center. A couple of steps away from Paseo Caribe’s vibrant dining, shopping and entertainment complex, and just 15 minutes from the Luis Munoz Marin International Airport (SJU).
About Canopy by Hilton San Antonio Riverwalk
We’re next to the San Antonio River, right on the River Walk. The Alamo, La Villita Historic Arts Village, and San Fernando Cathedral are a half-mile away. Market Square and the convention center are within 10 minutes of our door. Our Domingo Restaurant offers all day dining, and we have a bar. WiFi’s on us.