JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa Invites You to Float Down the River this Summer
Consider a staycation at JW Marriott – The sun is shining and we are all itching to get out of the house for a change of scenery and to start making new, happy memories. At JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, guests never have to leave the hotel for a full day of fun and a little relaxation.
The 600-acre resort is located in the middle of the picturesque Texas Hill Country with 9-acres of water park fun including five pools and a 1,100-foot lazy river, 36-holes of PGA TOUR golf, 26,000-square-foot Lantana Spa, seven distinctive restaurants including a multimedia sports bar, hill country hiking and biking trails, relaxing rocking chairs, oak tree covered hills with an adjacent 100-acre bird sanctuary providing plenty of wide open space, and more.
Since the options for summer fun at the resort are endless, JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has made it easy and developed an itinerary to give guests an idea of how to spend their time at the resort.
- 8:00am: Wake up and enjoy Cibolo Moon’s Breakfast Buffet
- 10:00am: Build a sandcastle at the resort’s sandy beach
- 12:00pm: Grab lunch at Rivertop Grill to enjoy by the pool
- 1:00pm: Drop in at High Velocity to “Decorate Your Own Inner Tube” with the resort’s experience team
- 2:00pm: Float down the lazy river in your new inner tube
- 4:00pm: “Build Your Own Birdhouse” at High Velocity
- 6:00pm: Enjoy a nice dinner at 18 Oaks Steakhouse overlooking TPC San Antonio’s PGA Tour golf course and enjoy high-quality produce, meat and dairy from local vendors
- 8:00pm: Head to Hilltop Fire Pit to make S’mores with your group
- 8:00am: Pick up a “grab ‘n go” breakfast at Crooked Branch in the downstairs lobby
- 9:00am: Enjoy a round of golf with the whole family on one of the two TPC San Antonio 18-hole championship golf courses
- 1:00pm: Eat lunch at High Velocity while watching a game on the 120-foot-long high-definition video walls
- 2:00pm: Clear away your lunch and settle in at High Velocity for “Family Bingo”
- 4:00pm: Go for a hike around the resort’s Hill Country trails
- 6:00pm: Dine at Cibolo Moon and taste the flavors of the region’s diverse culture
- 8:00pm: Watch an outdoor movie by the pool during the “Flick ‘n Float” experience
- 9:00am: Pick up breakfast at the Starbucks on property
- 10:00am: Slide down the two 47-foot-high thrilling water slides at the resort’s 9-acre water park
- 12:00pm: Learn about animal science and pet a furry, and maybe even scaly, wild animal during the “Zoomagination Wild Animal Experience”
- 1:00pm: Grab room service for lunch while Mom takes time to relax with a treatment at the award-winning Lantana Spa
- 3:00pm: Let the kids make their own slime with the resort’s “Slime Factory” activity
- 4:00pm: Decorate a delicious cookie, and gobble it up
- 5:00pm: Play a game of tennis or basketball at the resort’s courts
- 7:00pm: Grab dinner at your new favorite restaurant on property
If you want to extend your stay, don’t worry – there are plenty of more activities and experiences on property to enjoy.
Located just a quick drive from downtown, San Antonioans can make the quick trip to the resort and enjoy a staycation in the city they love.
Information about the activities, restaurants and more can be found here.