Easter Offerings of Every Type are Taking Place all Over San Antonio
Easter Offerings in San Antonio: Easter is just a hop, skip, and a jump away, which can only mean an abundance of chocolate bunnies, pastel painted eggs and brightly colored sugar-coated marshmallow fluff. Whether it’s a socially distant picnic or a small gathering of family, these San Antonio favorites can help make that Easter celebration a little more memorable. Please see below for more exceptional finds for everything Easter!
- This year Bakery Lorraine will offer a festive Easter themed dessert box. This box is available for $28 and includes the following treats:
- 2 Egg shaped Moonpies
- 1 Chocolate Nest Tart
- 1 Bunny Tart
- 1 Lemon Blueberry Tart
- Bakery Lorraine will also offer a delightfully decorated spring themed Carrot Cake for $65.
- Both items are only available by preordering through Bakery Lorraine’s website under the “Custom Orders” tab. The last day to place an order is Wednesday, 3/31 by noon.
- Items are available for pickup on Saturday 4/3 & Sunday 4/4 starting at 9 a.m. at all Bakery Lorraine locations.
- Bakery Lorraine will continue to offer its signature Easter treats for in-store or online pickup on Friday 4/2 through Sunday 4/4 at all its locations until items sell out. Items include:
- Egg shaped Moonpies $4
- Chocolate Nest Tart $6
- Bunny Tart $6
- Lemon Blueberry Tart $6
EVO will be hosting Easter-themed pajama pancake parties at the Schertz, Springtown, Belterra and Kyle locations on Saturday, April 3 at 9:30 a.m. Kids can enjoy screenings of the festive movie, “Hop,” while chowing down on a stack of pancakes from EVO’s specialty menu, which includes Classic, Cookies and Cream, Strawberry and Birthday Cake pancakes. Tickets will be available online at www.evocinemas.com.
Wow your friends and family with these light and fresh appetizers/sides from Twang.
Cucumber Avocado Chili Lime Roll
- 1 avocado
- ¼ of cream cheese block (4 Oz.)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 3 tbsp of pine nuts
- 1 tbsp of ZAS Chili Lime (and a dash for garnish)
- 1 cucumber
- Mandolin or potato peeler
- Toss all ingredients (except cucumber) in a blender or food processor. Or if you want to be traditional do it by hand, finely mince garlic and mash ingredients together with a fork until smooth and creamy. Let the mixture sit in a refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Use a mandolin or potato peeler to cut long thin strips from the cucumber. Be sure to leave the skin for pretty color.
- Take a cucumber strip and spread a thin layer of the avocado mixture along the length of the strip. A little goes a long way so be mindful. Make sure the spread goes all the way to the end so that it sticks once rolled.
- Roll it up! No toothpicks needed. Sprinkle on a dash of ZAS Chili Lime Seasoning to give it more presentation.
Tamarind Tomatillo Watermelon Salad
- 3 cups of watermelon, chopped bite sized
- 8 strawberries, chopped bite sized
- 1 cup of tomatillos, chopped bite sized
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp of fresh lime juice
- ZAS! Tamarind Super-Seasoning
- Put watermelon, strawberries, tomatillo and onions in a bowl and gently toss.
- Drizzle olive oil and lime juice and gently toss once more.
- Sprinkle on ZAS! Tamarind Super-Seasoning and serve immediately