Sip Your Way through the Holidays and New Year with Festive Cocktails from Courvoisier
With the holidays around the corner, these festive cocktail recipes from Courvoisier Cognac are sure to elevate anyone’s at-home celebration.
This holiday season, sip on an Holiday Spritz cocktail, or enjoy the perfect alternative to the traditional champagne toast and welcome the new year with The Ball Drop or The Roarin’ 20s in hand, each featuring the most awarded cognac houses’* high-quality VSOP and XO Cognac.
* Based on 20 top spirits competitions since 2019. Courvoisier crafts its cognac portfolio to offer an unmatched quality that leaves behind a legacy that reflects our core values of dedication, quality, personal evolution and community. We implement a true craft approach to our production and remain one of the only cognac houses that controls the entire production process from grape to glass.
VSOP – “Very smooth with an excellent balance of oak and floral flavor that can be fully appreciated neat or mixed with ice and water, it’s also excellent with long drinks.”
XO – “An exotic vanilla and crème brûlée bouquet, candied orange aromas and iris flowers notes, all come together to excite the senses.”
The full recipes have been included below:
- .75 parts Courvoisier® VSOP Cognac
- 4 parts Champagne
- 1 Sugar Cube
- 2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
Method: Soak sugar cube in bitters, drop into glass, add cognac and top with Champagne.
Garnish: Lemon Swath
The Ball Drop
- 1.5 parts Courvoisier® VSOP Cognac or Courvoisier® XO Cognac
- 4 oz Champagne Brute or extra dry only
Method: Build in the glass, add ice and top with Champagne.
Glass: Hi Ball
Garnish: Orange Swath
The Roarin’ 20s
- 1.5 parts Courvoisier® VSOP
- 1 part Dolin® Dry Vermouth
- .75 parts Campari®
- Top with Champagne
Method: Build in glass, add ice and top with Champagne.
Glass: Collins (Long) or Wine Glass
Garnish: Orange slice
About Courvoisier Cognac
For generations, the House of Courvoisier has nurtured its synergistic relationship with an extended family of artisans in the heart of the Cognac region. These artisans are an essential part of our success. Today, that tight-knit family extends across the globe, giving us different expressions of what it means to share the fruits of one’s labor.