Take a Driveable Thanksgiving Getaway for an Exceptional Feast at the Historic Hotel Paso del Norte in El Paso
For Thanksgiving this year, people are especially interested in drivable getaways where a celebratory feast awaits. Hotel Paso del Norte, Autograph Collection in El Paso, Texas is setting the table and fluffing the pillows. This luxury hotel aside the Franklin Mountains originally opened on Thanksgiving Day in 1912. Now, they are celebrating their recent re-opening after a multi-million-dollar restoration.
Aside from being located in historic downtown El Paso, Hotel Paso del Norte is within driving distance to three National Parks: 1 hour 30 minutes to White Sands, 1 hour 45 minutes to Guadalupe Mountains and 2 hours 15 minutes to Carlsbad Caverns. Once back at the hotel, guests will enjoy luxurious accommodations and a rooftop pool amidst historic elegance and balconies that overlook the mountains and the lights of Juarez.
For Thanksgiving, the hotel which is managed by Greenwood Hospitality, is opening the doors to Sabor, their stunning, light-filled restaurant where an elaborate feast prepared by Chef Andy Ribelin awaits. Chef Ribelin is infusing Mexican flavors into traditional staples for an unforgettable holiday experience. On the menu is roasted pumpkin guacamole; acorn squash apple soup; the freshest of salads with pecans, apples, grapes, red onions, and poppy seed dressing; turkey carved off the bone and served with poblano mole; stuffing from house-made corn bread, chorizo, cherries, and pecans; citrus-glazed baby beets and sweet potatoes in guava syrup; and a choice of classic pumpkin pie, Mexican chocolate pecan pie, or tres leches pumpkin flan. Additionally, Sabor offers a collection of Tequilas and Mezcals unrivaled in the market along with authentic Mexican cocktails, local beer, and an extensive list of wines by the glass.
- Thursday, November 26, 2020
- 1 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- $50 per Adult
- $25 for children age 3–12
- Reservations can be made by calling 915-516-6382
- Indoor and outdoor dining options are available.
Even more importantly, Hotel Paso del Norte is ensuring the upmost in safety with a Plasma Air filtration system shown to kill 99% of bacteriophage (including (COVID-19). This system has been installed throughout the hotel’s entire HVAC system providing additional protection in common areas, bars, restaurants, hallways, ballrooms, meeting rooms, fitness center, and all guest rooms. Other safety measures at Hotel Paso del Norte include but are not limited to:
- A Commitment to Clean Plan that ensures hygiene and cleanliness throughout the hotel
- A dedicated position committed to the oversight of hotel safety efforts
- Training for all associates
- Sanitizing stations throughout hotel
- Sanitizing of high-touch areas at a minimum of every two hours
- Associates wear personal protective equipment, receive temperature checks prior to each shift, and complete wellness questionnaires
- Vendors wear masks and have their temperature checked
- All guests required to wear masks in public areas as mandated by local and state laws as well as Marriott
- Safety signage and protocols posted throughout hotel
- Implementation of social distancing
- Floor signage to encourage guests stay six feet apart
- Plexiglass barriers at the front desk, bell desk, concierge, and all restaurant host podiums
- Hotel shuttle cleaned and sanitized after each trip
- Valet services temporarily suspended; self-parking encouraged
- Bell carts sanitized after each use
- Mobile check-in promoted via the Marriott Bonvoy app, including the request of items, chat features, etc.
- Hotel room keys sanitized between stays and prior to distributing to guests
- Use of trays to hand items to guests
- Credit card machines positioned for easy guest access, reducing associates handling of guest credit cards
- Disinfecting wipes provided to all guests upon check-in
- Thorough cleaning of all guest rooms with 24-hour window between guests for each room
- Rooftop pool use is available through a reservations system to ensure there is no overcrowding
Reservations for Hotel Paso del Norte can be made at www.hotelpdn.com.
Thanksgiving reservations for Sabor can be made by calling 915-516-6382