August 3rd is National Watermelon Day so here are Some Watermelon-Inspired Cocktails from Local Companies and Restaurants
Whether you want to make your own watermelon treat or pick up from one of your local favorites, below are some options to help participating in the holiday a bit easier.
Make your own at home!
Grilled Watermelon Margarita feat. Twang
If you’re keeping your distance at home, or just feel like doing something a little extra when it comes to your next Margarita, check out this Grilled Watermelon Margarita by Aaron Pena, owner/bartender at The Squeezebox in San Antonio, TX featuring Twang.
- 1/2 cup fresh grilled fruit – we used grilled Watermelon
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed Lime Juice
- ¾ ounce Agave syrup – adjust to your taste
- 2 ounces Blanco Tequila
- 1 cup of Ice
- Add all ingredients to blender on high speed
- Rim glass with Twang-A-Rita Sunrise spice or your favorite Twang salt.
- Pour into your rimmed glassware and enjoy!
Step-by-step tutorial here:
Have someone else make it for you!
EVO Entertainment – Watermelon Margarita
- EVO Entertainment is making it easy to celebrate safely. Their Watermelon Margarita, made with EVO’s signature EVO Patron Barrel Select Tequila, Triple Sec, agave, fresh watermelon and fresh lime is the perfect treat to enjoy as you take in a socially distant movie in one of their theaters or enjoy one of their drive-in movies. However you do it, this refreshing margarita is a great addition to any film.
Taco Cabana – $2 Watermelon Margarita
- As part of Taco Cabana’s MargaritaPalooza, the popular San Antonio-based chain is offering 12 flavors of $2 margaritas, including one of their most popular – Watermelon! The beverage, perfect for celebrating National Watermelon Day, is available for drive-thru and curbside pickup throughout participating locations in Texas. The margaritas are also available for delivery in San Antonio.