Shuck and Shot Away with Oysters & Tequila and Real Oyster Cult
Here are some delicious oyster shooter recipes from Rob Knecht + Sims McCormick, founders of Real Oyster Cult, with a little help from their four kids own run a family oyster farm in Duxbury, MA.
There’s always a reason to celebrate, whether it’s life’s small wins or special occasions. So Real Oyster Cult invites you to up the ante and indulge in the zesty and sumptuous pairing of tequila and fresh oysters in the comfort of your home.
Get your favorite bottle of tequila ready, and partake in Real Oyster Cult’s curated experience by ordering your fresh oysters in advance on their website! These selections will be picked straight out of the farm and delivered to your doorstep.
Enjoy the oysters fresh with a few tequila shots or cocktails, or try out these Oyster Shooter recipes crafted by Real Oyster Cult founders and husband-and-wife team Rob Knecht and Sims McCormick. The full blown-flavor of tequila complementing the rich, briny flavor of the oysters will surely please your palates.
- Start with great shucking oysters. We suggest a small to mid-size deep-cupped ROC Reserve
- Next, add a top-shelf tequila. Our favorite is Casa Amigos, but you can use whatever you have on hand. Shuck the oyster.
- Pour a drop or two of your tequila of choice on the oyster. Add a spritz of lime.
- Say, mmmmm!
- For a fresh margarita shot: Mix a shot of your favorite tequila, a couple of drops of triple sec, and lots of fresh-squeezed lime juice.
- Add a bit of crushed ice.
- Shuck your oyster, imbibe your oyster, pour the margarita shot in the shell.
- Hello, heaven!
Hot Sauce Shooters
- Order oysters from Real Oyster Cult.
- Add the Cult Classic + Lost at Sea Mignon-Nips.
- Shuck your oysters.
- Set out the Horseradish (HAZE) and the Hot Sauce (Lost at Sea) Nips. And a couple of lime wedges.
- Add a drop or two of your favorite Tequila to the shucked oyster, add a drop of the Hot sauce (Lost at Sea) then a spritz of lime. Shoot the oyster.
- Repeat with the Horseradish (HAZE) mignonette.
- Instead of a spritz of lime, add a spritz of lemon or simply shoot the oyster, horseradish (HAZE), and Tequila.
- Party. On.
Visit Real Oyster Cult at http://realoystercult.com/ to place your orders now!
About Real Oyster Cult
The idea for Real Oyster Cult was born from gathering close friends on Duxbury Bay, celebrating with the freshest oysters, and never-ending fun against a perfect backdrop. As oyster farmers, it was second nature to take their oyster booty on the road to backyard barbecues, spontaneous in-the-kitchen cocktails, and celebrations of all kinds. The brand delivers fresh, high-quality oysters and seafood conveniently to your door.