National Tequila Day was July 24th Y’all but Texans can Celebrate with Big-Batch To-Go Margs, a Ranch Water Recipe & More Any Time
Grab a lime and salt because National Tequila Day is any day in TEXAS y’all! Here are a few different drink ideas from across Texas to share with you in case you are looking for ways to celebrate – from big batch margaritas for pick-up to classic tequila recipes that can easily be created from home.
Fresa’s South First launched the following margaritas to-go and their house margarita mix at the South First location. All to-go margaritas are eligible for happy hour discounted pricing from 3 to 6 p.m.
- House Margarita: 8 oz (2 cocktails) $16, 32 oz (8 cocktails) $56
- Ancho Chile Margarita: 8oz (2 cocktails) – $18, 32oz (8 cocktails) – $63
- Frozen Limon Margarita: 8oz (1 cocktail) – $8, 32oz (4 cocktails) – $32
- Frozen Prickly Pear Margarita: 8oz (1 cocktail) – $8, 32oz (4 cocktails) – $32
- Frozen Avocado Margarita: 8oz (1 cocktail) – $9, 32 oz (4 cocktails) – $36
Create Twang’s Ranch Water recipe from home! **Courtesy of Owner/Bartender Aaron Peña of The Squeezebox in San Antonio, Texas
On Friday, July 24 from 5 to 6 p.m. CST, you can also tune into @YelpSanAntonio to learn how to make tequila cocktails behind the bar at The Squeezebox with Aaron Peña on Instagram Live.
- Twang Beer Salt Lime rim
- .25 oz. lime juice
- 1.5 oz. tequila
- Seltzer Water to taste (we suggest Topo Chico)
- Top with seltzer water build in glass garnished with a lime
1108 East Sixth Street, Austin, Texas 78702
Stop by this boutique hotel in the heart of the bustling East Austin neighborhood and sip beverage director Jason Stevens’ Frozen Strawberry Rosé Margarita safely by the pool.
6 oz 100% blue agave blanco tequila
2 cups frozen strawberries
1⁄4 cup simple syrup (more or less depending on strawberries’ sweetness)
1⁄2 cup fruity and crisp rosé
3 oz Lime juice
1.5 cups ice (more or less for desired consistency)
Small pinch of salt
Method: Combine all in blender, blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth. Makes 3-4 drinks. Pour into thick, pre-chilled glassware and drink using large-bore natural material/reusable straws.
Tip: This recipe is very adaptable to many kinds of frozen fruits, especially other berries. Frozen raspberries and blackberries work especially well. Just replace the same amount of whatever fruit you choose for the strawberries
Pluckers is an Austin-based restaurant with 22 locations spanning across Texas and Louisiana.
Pluckers Wing Bar, known for their signature wings, is offering large-batch cocktail mixes to go with the purchase of food. The cocktails come with specialty mixes and alcohol to add in at home. Their tequila-forward cocktails are available for online order at all Pluckers locations and include:
- Pluckers Lemonade comes with a gallon of Pluckers Lemonade mix and a 375ml bottle Tito’s for $40.00.
- House Margarita comes with a gallon of Pluckers Margarita Mix and a 375ml bottle of tequila for $45.00.
- Patron Margarita comes with a gallon of Pluckers Margarita Mix and a 375ml bottle of Patron Silver tequila for $55.00.
Swing by your favorite JuiceLand location in Austin, Houston or Dallas, and pick up raw, fresh juices to mix with your tequila of choice. Here are some of recommendations to mix with a margarita:
Locations across Texas are here: https://www.juiceland.com/locations
- Watermelon: Made with fresh watermelon juice $2.95 / $3.75 / $4.95
- Golden Glow: Orange, pineapple, golden beet, turmeric, bee pollen $7.95
- Dragonfruit Honey Lemonade: Lemon, Texas Wildflower honey, dragonfruit $2.25 / $2.95 / $3.95
EVO Entertainment Group
Stop by any EVO Cinema in Central Texas to enjoy their Watermelon Margarita this National Tequila Day. Made with their signature EVO Patron Barrel Select Tequila, this juicy cocktail features fresh watermelon, fresh lime juice, agave and Triple Sec.
For locations, visit here: https://www.evocinemas.com/locations
In continued celebration of MargaritaPalooza ($2 margaritas all-day, every day) and National Tequila Day, Taco Cabana is excited to announce a special combo offer available on Friday, July 24 only. Made with Margaritaville or Jose Cuervo tequila, guests can choose one of Taco Cabana’s 12 signature margarita flavor options paired with one soft taco for just $3. The 12 margarita flavors include: Lime, Strawberry, Mango, Blue Curacao, Passion Fruit, MojitoRita, Frosé, Prickly Pear, Dr Pepper, Mangonada, Watermelon, and Star-Spangled Banner (a patriotic-themed blend of lime, strawberry, and blue curacao). Soft taco options include: Steak Fajita, Chicken Fajita, Ground Beef, Shredded Chicken, Bean and Cheese, Carne Guisada* or Barbacoa*(*select markets only).
The promotion is valid at all Taco Cabana locations in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston and El Paso, and available at the drive-thru or via online ordering with curbside pick-up. The $3 combo is available for delivery in San Antonio only by ordering at tacocabana.com. Dine-in service is not available at this time.