Five Fresh Air Picnic Ideas Featuring Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella
Add Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella to your menu for Father’s Day small gatherings, June picnics and the summer grilling season. Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella comes in a variety of sizes and shapes to suit your recipe needs. It is available in containers of small mozzarella balls that come in four sizes—pearl, cherry, golf ball and egg sizes—Medallions, Marinated Fresh Mozzarella, 8-ounce and 1-pound balls and 1-pound logs. All told, Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella has won more than 50 awards at prestigious cheese competitions. Here are five summer picnic and grilling ideas, from the Crave family to yours.
1. Crave Burgers: Update your traditional Father’s Day grilling menu with this burger variation. It’snamed for licensed cheese maker George Crave, who oversees cheese making at the family’s farmstead facility. To make Crave Burgers on the grill, all you need are hamburger patties, homemade or prepared marinara sauce and Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella Medallions.
2. Wild Rice, Blueberries and Fresh Mozzarella Salad: The Scrumptious Summer Blueberry, Fresh Mozzarella and Wild Rice Salad features mixed greens, chilled cooked wild rice, fresh blueberries and pearl-size Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella Perlines or cubed Fresh Mozzarella, tossed with a blueberry vinaigrette.
3. Strawberries, Fresh Mozzarella and Mint: Sometimes, simple combinations knock it out of the park, and this salad idea is one of them. Cut the strawberries, add a touch of sugar, and then add Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella ovoline size balls, sliced ¼-inch thick. In a blender, combine olive oil and fresh mint leaves. Drizzle berries and cheese with the olive oil/mint mixture and balsamic vinegar before serving.
4. Marinated Fresh Mozzarella Add-Ons: Crave Brothers Marinated Mozzarella features a signature blend of olive oil and canola oil, with a custom mix of herbs and spices. Serve it with fresh vegetable platters at your next picnic or backyard barbecue, add it to prepared pasta salad, or brush the marinade on sliced baguettes before grilling, then top the bread with the Marinate Fresh Mozzarella balls or serve them on the side.
5. Quick Grilled Pizza: Add prepared pesto to a pre-made pizza crust, then top with Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella Perlines or Fresh Mozzarella Medallions, along with roasted tomatoes. If desired, add sliced olives or chopped artichoke hearts to the pizza.
For complete recipes and additional picnic and grilling ideas, visit the Crave Brothers website at www.cravecheese.com.
About Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese
The Crave family farms 2,500 acres of productive land in south-central Wisconsin, growing soybeans, corn and alfalfa to use as nutritious feed for their Holstein cows. From the biodigester to water recovery and recycling, sustainability is top-of-mind on the farm. The Crave Brothers Farm LLC and Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese LLC use 100% green power and are carbon-negative businesses. Crave Brothers Farmstead Cheese produces Fresh Mozzarella, Mascarpone, Part-skim Mozzarella, Oaxaca, Farmer’s Rope String Cheese, and Fresh Cheddar Cheese Curds in white, yellow and jalapeño varieties.