Proper Irish Whiskey Celebrates all Things Irish this St. Patrick’s Day!
For St. Patrick’s Day here is Proper No. Twelve, an Irish Whiskey created by founder Conor McGregor’s, pride for the Emerald Isle, its people, and of course, his love of Irish Whiskey!
Proper No. Twelve launched in late 2018 and has since taken the market by storm — Irish Whiskey sales topped $1B in the US last year! A quick look at Proper No. Twelve’s first year on the market…
- In its first ten days on the market, Proper No. Twelve sold through six-months’ worth of product.
- This led to an out-of-stock situation, in month one, which resulted in Conor McGregor’s first-ever apology.
- During that same time, Proper No. Twelve became the most followed wine and/or spirits brand on Instagram. @ProperWhiskey remains the leader with 719k followers and counting.
- After initially launching in the US and Ireland, Proper entered Australia, Canada, Poland, South Africa, the UK and Russia. 2020 will see further expansion.
In the spirit of the holiday, they also wanted to provide…
First Responders Donation Announcement:
- For each case of Proper No. Twelve sold, $5 is donated to local First Responder organizations/charities, up to $1 million annually.
- Proper No. Twelve’s unprecedented first year on the market sold OVER 200,000 cases, thus allowing the brand to meet that $1 million mark.
- Conor McGregor and Proper No. Twelve will be announcing the recipient within the next month.
- As Conor McGregor announced after his 40-second UFC 246 victory, Proper No. Twelve is now available in 1.75L, adding to the brand’s fleet of 1L, 750mL and 375mL.
Proper No. Twelve is a salute to McGregor’s Irish culture and he even kept his roots grounded there as he and his family still reside in Ireland. The name is directly tied to his hometown of Dublin 12 and basically, the bottle of liquid gold you need this St. Paddy’s Day!
A PROPER TOAST
Mix up these Proper recipes perfect for a small or large Paddy’s Day gathering. Sláinte!
SHAMROCK OUT KNOCKOUT
Created by Sonny Verdini, Bar Manager, TRADE (Boston, MA)
1.5oz Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
1 cinnamon syrup
.75oz house-made ginger liquor
3 dashes Angostura Bitters
Directions: Shake into a single rocks glass. Garnished with a dehydrated, cinnamon sugar lemon wheel.
PROPER BOWL OF PUNCH
3 Parts Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
8 parts Green Tea
Splash of Lemon Juice
Splash of Ginger Ale
THE MAD MAC
Gavin McMonigle, Piss & Vinegar, Philadelphia
2 oz. Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
1 Part Mexican Coffee Liqueur
2 scoops Mint Chocolate ice cream
Directions: Hard shake all ingredients in a tin with crushed ice. strain into 6 oz. Irish coffee glass and serve.
DUBLIN 12 OLD FASHIONED
2 oz Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
1 barspoon simple syrup
2 dashes angostura bitters
2 dashes angostura orange bitters
Directions In a lowball glass, add Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey, simple syrup and bitters. Add ice to the glass and stir together. Garnish with lemon wedge & cherry.