Spread Holiday Cheer with Santa’s Favorite Elves This Season at JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
The JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa is a magical place during the holiday season with visits from Santa and Mrs. Claus, a dazzling display of lights and music centered around a 30-foot-tall Christmas tree, a life-sized train car parade for young visitors, a thrilling seasonal VR experience for teenagers and much more. The shining stars of the resort during this joyous time of year are the resort’s very own JW Elves, spreading kindness and joy around every corner.
Santa’s favorite elves will return to the resort this holiday season to host a sleighful of holiday activities to entertain the resort’s youngest guests. Don’t miss out on these great experiences with the JW Elves:
- Become a certified elf with the “Making of a Certified JW Elf” class Participants are given an elf hat and shoes, then choose their own special elf name like Sparkles or Gingersnap. The JW Elves give away just enough information about the North Pole to keep kids on their toes and explain what it takes to be a true JW Elf. After a story and songs to spread holiday cheer, children make their own holiday keepsakes and earn a certificate for their completion of elf school. The class is available to guests every Saturday through December 22nd.
- The JW Elf Express invites all children to board the train. Young guests eagerly decorate their own pre-made cardboard JW Elf Express train cars that become part of the DIY holiday train. JW Elves and Elf Express Conductors lead the children and their decorated train cars on the JW Elf Express Family Parade that circles the resort’s Christmas Tree to fun train-themed music. JW Elf Express train cars will be available for decoration each Saturday through December 22nd.
- The JW Elves ensure the resort’s youngest guests get the best night’s sleep possible with Elf Tuck-Ins. Guests can enlist the help of the cheerful elves to treat children to a bedtime story and special keepsake, creating a lifelong memory.
- Meet the JW Elves at Santa’s workshop, where families can make gingerbread houses, decorate cookies, make ornaments, write letters to Santa, and sing holiday songs.
- The JW Elves will cheer on the resort’s bravest guests when they take on the polar bear plunge challenge, an experience that allows guests to jump into the chilly waters of one of the resort’s unheated pools.
- Santa may have finalized his naughty or nice list already, but the JW Elves are still watching! The elves will hand out a special treat to young visitors that are “caught” being nice as the elves stroll throughout the resort.
Families will get their first opportunity to visit and take pictures with the elves at Light Up the Night, the resort’s signature kickoff to the holiday season. On November 23 from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., resort guests and local residents will be illuminated with a dazzling light show and the arrival of Santa and Mrs. Claus flipping the switch to thousands of glittering lights for the first time this holiday season.
Open to all, the luminous light experience offers much more than a traditional tree lighting. Surrounded by Texas Hill Country views, the rolling grass lawn of the backyard is turned into an electrified wonderland with thousands of twinkling lights woven through the trees and special displays anchored by the 30-foot tall Christmas tree. The dazzling display of lights is synchronized to festive holiday music bringing the season to life. Children anxiously await the arrival of Santa and Mrs. Claus to officiate the annual tree lighting spectacle with an adorable DIY train car parade of little ones around the towering tree. Complimentary and fee-based holiday activities are available throughout the night, including cookie decorating, gingerbread house making, roasting s’mores around the resort’s fire pits, letters to Santa and more.
The Light Up the Night experience will run nightly throughout the holiday season, restarting every 20 minutes from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Additional holiday activities for resort guests include: a Virtual Reality Holiday Experience with spectacular virtual reality effects, a Sandy Snowman Building Contest at the River Bend sandy beach area every Saturday morning, the Slime Factory with glittery holiday ingredients to add to your creation, Sunday Brunch with Santa and Mrs. Claus at 18 Oaks and more. Guests are provided with a schedule of activities upon check-in and can plan their holiday experiences ahead of time by visiting: app.box.com/v/satjwexperienceschedule.
This holiday season, the resort will be offering a special for larger families or families wanting a more spacious escape. The Big Family Sleepover package will include easily accessible rooms with connectors, including a room with two queen beds connected to a room with one king bed with a living room space in the middle that has a queen murphy bed, dining table and wrap around sofa. Large families and groups can get extra comfortable with this luxury parlor suite that offers walk-out balconies, three bathrooms and three television screens, four separate beds and sleeps up to 8 guests. Rates start at $999 and reservations must be booked at least 10 days in advance. Rates are good from October 15, 2019 through March 31, 2020 as available. In addition to the holiday experiences, guests of all ages will enjoy the resort’s 9-acre River Bluff Water Experience featuring heated pools, hot tubs, two thrilling body slides, three water slides and a 1,100-foot-long lazy river.
Celebrate the magic of the season with the JW Elves and take in all the resort has to offer this November and December. For more information and to book a holiday stay at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, please contact the resort at 210-276-2500 or visit www.jwsanantonio.com.
About JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa
Welcome to a San Antonio resort truly worthy of the Lone Star State. JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa has firmly established itself as the city’s premier luxury destination and the most renowned resort in the magnificent Texas Hill Country. Rated 4-Diamonds by AAA and just 12 miles north of San Antonio International Airport, the resort features the 36-hole TPC San Antonio golf course, Lantana Spa, the 9-acre River Bluff water park, seven distinctive restaurants, 288,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting and event space, free Wi-Fi in the lobby and more than 1,000 custom-designed guest rooms. Our San Antonio resort hotel is sure to make any visit an unforgettable experience, and it all comes with JW Marriott’s impeccable service and lavish amenities. Whether you’re seeking a peaceful respite, productive meeting or exciting and fun-filled family vacation, our resort in San Antonio is designed not just to exceed expectations but redefine them. For information, call 1-210-276-2500 or visit www.jwsanantonio.com.