Bacardi Celebrates Rum Day with Their Ultimate Premium Rum & an Elevated Cocktail Guide
This year, BACARDÍ Premium Portfolio, HAVANA CLUB, Santa Teresa Rum, BANKS Rums and the FACUNDO Rum Collection have partnered with 5 top bars across New York City to design cocktails available all rum month long. (Bacardi Limited has officially dubbed August as National Rum Month!) These limited-edition NYC-based cocktails are for the Bacardi Limited premium rum portfolio.
Inviting spirits lovers across the nation to Raise Your Rum, the BACARDÍ Premium Portfolio, HAVANA CLUB, Santa Teresa Rum, BANKS Rums and the FACUNDO Rum Collection are here to aid in celebrating the rum renaissancethis summer and beyond.
Whether you enjoy sipping the spirit neat or on the rocks, or prefer it in an elevated, refreshing cocktail, these five premium rums offer countless ways to savor the spirit all month long.
With rum’s increasing popularity, there’s truly no better time to join the rum revolution as we head into a month of celebrating this complex and versatile spirit. Please see below for additional information for each of our premium rums and exclusive cocktail recipes created by top New York City mixologists – which are perfect for all your National Rum Month festivities.
For the spirits connoisseur and budding at-home bartender, we recommend BACARDÍ Premium Rum Collection. As the creator of the original white rum and leader of rum culture for generations, the BACARDÍ Premium Collection offers four aged rums ranging from four years in age to an average of twelve years – producing a robust collection of rums rich in history, heritage and flavor.
- BACARDÍ Añejo Cuatro (MSRP: $19.99): Barrel-aged for a minimum of four years, making it ideal for elevated cocktails such as El Presidente and Cuatro Mismo. BACARDÍ Añejo Cuatro has a beautiful golden apricot hue and boasts notes of mild vanilla, toasted oak, clove and honey. Its profile is driven by oak contribution and highlights the smoothness throughout the aging process.
- BACARDÍ Reserva Ocho (MSRP: $29.99): Based-off of the original recipe from the family reserve created in 1862, BACARDÍ Reserva Ocho is barrel-aged for a minimum of eight years with a rich, velvety body, best enjoyed neat/on the rocks or in an Ocho Old Fashioned. BACARDÍ Reserva Ocho has a rich golden color and has warming notes of butterscotch, nutmeg and dried apricots. The longer aging process sparks an additional layer of complex flavors from the barrel.
- BACARDÍ Gran Reserva Diez (MSRP: $39.99): A master blender’s reserve barrel-aged for a minimum of ten years and best served neat or on the rocks. BACARDÍ Gran Reserva Diez has a dark golden hue and boasts bright notes of banana, pear and tropical melon balanced with caramelized vanilla and oak.
- BACARDÍ Gran Reserva Limitada (MSRP: $100): An extremely rare, limited release, which is barrel-aged for an average of twelve years for a rich and expressive taste that is best enjoyed neat.
Available exclusively at The Lookup.
· 1 ½ BACARDÍ Reserva Ocho
· ¾ parts Lemon
· ½ parts Strawberry purée
· 3 dashes of Orange Bitters
· ¼ part simple syrup
· Topped with Sparkling Rosé
Method: Shaken (except rosé) served on the rocks in a wine glass
HAVANA CLUB Rum
For those seeking a taste of history, enjoy the real HAVANA CLUB rum. Proudly made in Puerto Rico, HAVANA CLUB Rum is based on the original rum recipe created by the Arechabala family in 1934. Today the collection offers two delicious rums to cater to both white and dark rum enthusiasts for any occasion.
- Añejo Clásico (MSRP $21.99 for 750ml bottle): A premium, dark rum launched in June 2016. HAVANA CLUB Añejo Clásico is a blend of finely crafted rums produced from a carefully controlled fermentation of sugar cane molasses, and then distilled and aged in the tropical climate of the Caribbean in oak barrels for a period of one to three years. After the aged rums are blended together, the blend is aged in oak barrels for a second period of at least three months for additional smoothness. It is an intricate blend of dark rum with robust notes of sweet fruits akin to pineapple and apricot.
- HAVANA CLUB Añejo Blanco (MSRP $19.99 for 750ml bottle): A blend of finely crafted rums produced from a carefully controlled fermentation of sugar cane molasses, and then distilled and aged in the tropical climate of the Caribbean in oak barrels for a single year. After the aged rums are blended together, the blend is aged in oak barrels for a second period of at least two months for additional smoothness. It boasts sweet notes reminiscent of tropical fruits and florals.
The Brooklyn Admiral
Available exclusively at Grand Repubilc
· 1 part HAVANA CLUB Añejo Blanco
· 0.5 part HAVANA CLUB Añejo Clásico
· 1 part Peach brandy
· 0.75 part Lime juice
· 4 dashes of Angostura Bitters
· Ginger beer to top
Method: Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice. Shake and strain the ingredients into a tall glass over cracked ice. Add a splash of ginger beer and garnish with a lemon, lime, mint and nutmeg.
Santa Teresa Rum
Santa Teresa is a perfect choice for the scotch or whisky drinker who is looking to expand their spirits repertoire. The oldest Venezuelan producer of blended and aged rums, Santa Teresa is an independent, family-owned company built on over 200 years of tradition. The Hacienda has refined and improved its techniques honoring traditions and pioneering new methods, turning Santa Teresa into Venezuela’s leading rum brand.
- Santa Teresa 1796(MSRP $60) . Santa Teresa 1796 is the world’s first super-premium rum to employ the Solera Method, an artisanal processing method. To create this smooth, dry rum, a complex blend of light rums, heavy rums and pot still rums – aged between 4 to 35 years in bourbon barrels – are processed in the Solera. Santa Teresa 1796 features a palate that hearkens back to scotch or whisky, with flavor notes of tobacco, leather, molasses and dark chocolate.
Available exclusively at Paper Daisy
· 1.5 parts Santa Teresa 1796
· 0.5 part Mr. Black
· 0.5 part Chinola
· 1 part Coconut milk syrup
· 0.75 part Pineapple juice
· 0.5 part lime juice
· Dash absinthe
Method: Whip shake, pour over pebbled ice. Garnish with mint.
Beloved by bartenders far and wide, BANKS Rums are a collection of carefully blended rums sourced from around the world for distinctive complexity, character and depth of liquid.
- Banks 5 Island Blend (MSRP $29.99): A flavorful white rum blend with unprecedented character and depth. Blended in the style of classic rums from the 1920s, its characteristic versatility makes it an ideal base spirit for a variety of cocktails – from classics, like the Daiquiri, to more unique riffs and modern creations. A unique blend of 20 rums from 5 origins: Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Guyana, Barbados, and Java (Indonesia).
- Banks 7 Golden Blend (MSRP $36): A complex, full-flavored blend that is sophisticated without being sweet. With a rich, amber color and surprising citrus notes, this medium-bodied rum has a drier flavor profile than most Golden Rums, allowing it to stand out above anything else in the category. Balanced, wonderful complexity with a flavor that lingers. Showcases beautifully in any cocktail that calls for a quality aged rum. A blend of 23 rums from 7 origins: Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Guyana, Barbados, Java (Indonesia), Panama, and Guatemala.
Three Hour Tour
Available exclusively at Cecconi’s Dumbo
· 1 part BANKS 5 Rum
· 1 part Martini Bianco
· 0.75 part St. Agrestis Inferno Bitter
· 0.25 part St. Agrestis Amaro
Method: The cocktail is batched and rested at room temp with coconut oil to impart a fresh coconut flavor.
FACUNDO Rum Collection
For those seeking to elevate their drinking experience, the FACUNDO Rum Collection offers the most exquisite, ultra-premium, hand-blended sipping rums of its kind. This Collection, sourced from the Bacardi family’s private rum reserves, is a limited release of four rare blends of the finest aged sipping rums perfectly designed to complement any and all celebratory moments.
- FACUNDO NEO (MSRP $45): A sheer blonde rum aged up to 8 years. Once blended the rum is filtered over activated carbon to remove any color.
- FACUNDO EXIMO (MSRP $90): A blend of medium to heavy bodied dark rums aged between 10 and 12 years in fine oak barrels. EXIMO is the only marque of the FACUNDO Rum Collection to be blended before aging.
- FACUNDO EXQUISITO (MSRP $150): A dark rum that marries younger rums aged 7 years with matured rums aged 23 years aged in oak barrels and finished in sherry casks. After the aging process, the rums are blended, transferred and stored in sherry casks to rest for a minimum of one month, further enhancing the smoothness and silkiness of the liquid.
- FACUNDO PARAISO (MSRP $250) is a blend of dark rums aged up to 23 years that is filtered over activated carbon then rested in French (XO) casks for a minimum of one month, creating the ultimate sipping experience.
Available exclusively at Las‘ Lap
· 1.5 part FACUNDO NEO
· 0.75 part Pineapple juice
· 0.75 part Lime juice
· 0.5 part Martini bitters
· 0.25 part Demerara or brown sugar
· 0.5 part FACUNDO EXIMO float
Method: Shake all ingredients except for FACUNDO EXIMO and strain into highball with crushed or pebble ice. Float FACUNDO EXIMO. Garnish with pineapple and mint sprig. To make as a frozen cocktail – add 1 part water per cocktail then add the Float FACUNDO EXIMO when served.