Anything is Possible on National Lasagna Day Including Ravioli Lasagna from Three Bridges
In celebration of National Lasagna Day coming up on July 31st, here are some fun facts about the deliciously cheesy and classic (yet still versatile) dish:
- The first recipe book to feature lasagna was published in Italy in the 1330s
- Lasagna was brought to the United States by Italian immigrants in the 1880s
- The word “lasagna” in Italy didn’t originally refer to food, it was actually a reference to the pot in which the food was cooked
To continue the celebration, Three Bridges [www.threebridges], a brand that’s been perfecting pasta for 25+ years, would like to offer their ultimate — yet truly easy to make — lasagna recipe featuring spinach and cheese ravioli! Yes, you heard us correctly, we’re proposing lasagna made with ravioli.
2-9 oz pkg Three Bridges Spinach & Cheese Ravioli
2-15 oz tub Three Bridges Heirloom Marinara Sauce
1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
Cook ravioli according to instructions on the package (be sure to cook in batches to prevent ravioli from sticking together). Drain well and keep warm.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with Heirloom Marinara sauce, approx. 1/2 cup.
Spread out half the cooked ravioli atop the sauce. Cover ravioli with another thin layer of marinara sauce then top with half the mozzarella cheese.
Place the next layer of the remaining cooked ravioli on top of mozzarella; cover ravioli with another layer of marinara, then cover with remaining mozzarella.
Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned, melted and bubbly.
Carefully remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5 minutes, then simply serve and enjoy!
Say goodbye to the traditional flat noodles and replace them with spinach and cheese ravioli; trust us, lasagna will never be the same again!
If you’re looking to take it one step beyond the “lazy” approach? Another easy twist on “pasta on pasta” is a Butternut Squash Ravioli Lasagna and Spinach Bake.
Butternut Squash Ravioli Lasagna with Spinach Bake
A simple and easy to make lasagna using Butternut Squash Ravioli, spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheeses, finished with a subtle hint of garlic. A perfect meal for the family!
|2-9 oz pkg||Three Bridges Butternut Squash Ravioli|
|1 cup||cooked spinach|
|1 cup||ricotta cheese|
|2 cups||mozzarella cheese, grated|
|3 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup||parmesan cheese, grated|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain, cover and keep warm.
- Combine spinach, ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, and garlic in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Lightly spray an 11 x 9in baking pan with spray. Add the first layer of ravioli to the bottom; add about 1/2 of the spinach mixture. Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Finish off with another layer of ravioli, then remaining spinach mixture and mozzarella cheese and top with parmesan cheese.
- Cover lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Uncover the pan and bake for another 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove pan from oven and let rest for about 5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!