Refreshing Scotch and Tequila Cocktails for Spring from Aberfeldy, Craigellachie and Cazadores
Spring has officially sprung! If you’re looking for something to sip on this season, treat your taste buds to these refreshing scotch cocktails by Aberfeldy and Craigellachie whiskies, or a light and fizzy spritz made with Tequila Cazadores.
The Takes Two to Mango is a sweet and citrusy drink made with Aberfeldy 12 Year Old and an unexpected mix of mango puree, while the Go On, Sweet Bird combines Craigellachie 13 Year Old with bitters, lime juice and pineapple gum syrup, bringing out the bright pineapple notes of the whisky.
If whisky isn’t your thing, try a spritz that was Inspired by the grapefruit season in Texas! Rio Star Spritz was created by Worcester’s Annex award-winning mixologist Rebecca Burkart, ups the ante by skipping the Aperol for an interesting tequila twist.
These seasonal cocktails make for perfect spring sippers and can also shake up any Easter brunch.
Takes Two to Mango | Crafted by Gabe Urrutia, Bacardi Single Malts Miami Brand Ambassador
– 1.5 oz. Aberfeldy 12 Year Old
– 0.25 oz. Italicus
– 0.5 oz. Lemon Juice
– 0.5 oz. Honey Syrup (1:1 ratio of water:honey)
– 1 oz. Mango Puree
– Float Angostura Bitters
Method: Serve in a rocks glass and garnish with a mango spear.
Go On, Sweet Bird | Crafted by Andrew Record, Bacardi Single Malts San Francisco Brand Ambassador
– 2 oz. Craigellachie 13 Year Old
– 0.5 oz. Martini Riserva Speciale Bitter
– 0.75 oz. Small Hands Pineapple Gum Syrup (if not available, substitute for ½ oz. Giffard Pineapple)
– 0.5 oz. Lime Juice
Method: Combine contents in a tin with ice and shake, strain into an oversized chilled coupe. Garnish with a dehydrated pineapple wheel and serve.
Rio Star Spritz | Crafted by Rebecca Burkart of Worcester’s Annex, Texas
– 2 parts Tequila Cazadores Blanco
– 3 parts St. Germain
– 1.5 parts Grapefruit Shrub*
– 1 part Fresh Lemon Juice
– Top with equal parts Club Soda and Sparkling Wine (~2 parts of each depending on the size of glass and ice)
* Ingredients for Grapefruit Shrub: Combine 1 cup of turbinado sugar with the juice and peels of 1 Texas ruby red grapefruit and white wine vinegar to taste.
Method: In a shaker tin, combine Tequila Cazadores, St-Germain, grapefruit shrub, and lemon juice. Shake and strain into a wine glass over fresh cubed ice. Top with club soda and sparkling wine. Garnish with a picked grapefruit peel “rose” after expressing oils.