In Celebration of Women’s History Month Lyft & Yelp Encourage Locals to Explore Women-Owned Businesses
In celebration of Women’s History Month, Lyft and Yelp encourage San Antonians to explore local, women-owned businesses throughout the month of March. From restaurants and bars to shops and salons, Lyft is offering 25% off rides to the women-owned businesses listed below when riders apply the codeSAWOMEN19.
Several participating businesses have further committed to partnering with Lyft to pay it forward and raise funds for Dress for Success San Antonio & Career Gear San Antoniothrough donation drives, fashion shows, and more. Dress for Success helps empower other women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
“We applaud Lyft/Yelp for demonstrating the potential in reaching out to empower women who have already achieved business success and women who are just beginning their journey. And we thank you, Lyft, for offering ride discounts to select women-owned, local businesses throughout the month of March,” said Robbye Floyd, Executive Director of Dress for Success San Antonio.
Select women-owned businesses:
- La Botanica
- 5 Points Local
- Pharm Table
- Bang Bang Bar
- Synergy Studio
- EnergyX Fitness
- Mint Salon
- Künstler Brewing Drink for a good cause. $1 from each pint sold of a special brew will be donated to Dress for Success San Antonio during the month of March. Wrap up the month with them at the Big Give Event on 3/28. Event Link Here
- Jokesters 22 Lyft & Yelp: Women Empowerment Event Benefiting Dress for Success San Antonio at Jokesters 22 RSVP Here
- Eye Candy Boutique *Donation Location. Score 15% off your purchase when you donate a new or used item.
- Feliz Modern *Donation Location. Score 10% off your purchase when you donate a new or used item.
- DIY Studio *Donation Location. Score 15% off a class when you donate a new or used item. Call or drop in.
Visit Lyft’s Women’s History Month blogpost here for donation guidelines and Yelp tips on navigating the list of selected businesses. Anyone can become eligible to win $100 in Lyft credit by posting on social media with hashtag #SATXWomen. Happy exploring, San Antonio!
Lyft was founded in 2012 by Logan Green and John Zimmer to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation, and is available to 95 percent of the United States population as well as select cities in Canada. Lyft is committed to effecting positive change for our cities by offsetting carbon emissions from all rides, and by promoting transportation equity through shared rides, bikeshare systems, electric scooters, and public transit partnerships.