Whiskey Cake Debuts Eight New Delightful Craft Cocktails that Pair Perfectly with Winter
Whiskey Cake debuts eight new delicious garden-to-glass beverages that use winter ingredients like Clove, Spiced Pear, Maple and Cinnamon to chase the chill away.
Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar, the classic American neighborhood restaurant known for its farm-to-kitchen menu, has unveiled a new collection of custom cocktails for the winter weather that feature familiar flavors blended together for distinctive new tastes. The eight new drinks joining Whiskey Cakes’ extensive list of curated cocktails includes:
- Sweater Weather ($10) – a cozy weather favorite with Redemption Rye Whiskey, Amaro Ramazzotti Liqueur, house-made clove syrup and mole bitters.
- Bourbon, Spice & Everything Nice ($8) – a balanced mix of Old Forester Bourbon, Pedro Ximénez Sherry (PX Sherry), lemon juice, spiced pear cordial and Angostura bitters.
- Tracy’s Garden ($8) – this brisk, crisp cocktail includes New Amsterdam Gin, lime, simple syrup, cucumber juice and fresh basil.
- Spade & Shovel ($8) – an earthy start with a fruity finish made with Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch Bourbon, beet-infused maple “juice,” pineapple-ginger syrup and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Winter Warmer ($10) – this Whiskey Cake twist on a cocktail classic is certain to take away the chill from the cool air. It’s made with Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch Bourbon, honey, lemon, basil, chocolate bitters and finished with a dollop of egg whites.
- Campfire Nights ($9) – a spirit-forward sipping drink made with apple infused rye whiskey, Laird’s Apple Brandy, cinnamon simple syrup and a dash of old fashioned bitters.
- Lost in Thyme ($11) – as aromatic as it is flavorful, this beverage includes Old Overolt Rye Whiskey, Aperol (Italian apéritif), cinnamon-thyme syrup, lemon and aquafaba– a legume based mixture with similar properties to egg whites.
- Carmella Soprano($10) – inspired by “The Soprano’s” main matriarch, this uncomplicated, yet unexpected, cocktail combines Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch Bourbon, Cynar (Italian bitter liqueur), Jacoulot Crème de Cassis de Dijonand cinnamon simple syrup.
About Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar
Whiskey Cake was born with the belief that local is a place as much as it is a way of eating. This classic American neighborhood restaurant provides a well-curated and thoughtful approach to its farm-to-kitchen menu. Everything is inspired by local ingredients available each season, including the spirited garden-to-glass cocktails. Each Whiskey Cake chef practices slow-cooking methods and sources from the best vendors possible while creating an approachable, but confident, menu served up in a farmhouse-funk interior. The bar program is as thoughtful as the onsite garden using farm fresh ingredients, hand-pressed juices and more. 350 whiskey brands are available as well as micro-brewed beers and carefully selected wines. Originally opened in 2010 in Plano, Texas, the concept boasts 6 locations in both Texas and Oklahoma with an expansion plan of 3 new restaurants in 2019. For more information, please visit www.whiskeycake.comor get social with them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/whiskeycake/or on Instagram using the handle @whiskeycakeplano