Holiday Fun Includes New Winter Drinks, Santa Visits, Christmas Music and More
The holiday season is taking over Krause’s Café & Biergarten with plenty of festive holiday fun throughout November and December from holiday shopping in the pavilion to feel-good fundraisers at the restaurant. Krause’s Café also recently launched hot winter drinks for adults including a Hot Toddy, German Glühwein (mulled wine), Salted Caramel and Cream, Spiked Hot Chocolate and more. The kids won’t be left out in the cold, as homemade hot chocolate for children is now available too. Below is a full list of seasonal activities at Krause’s Café and Biergarten:
HOLIDAY NIGHT MARKET:
· As part of the New Braunfels Farmers Market, a special edition, holiday night marketwill take place outside of the pavilion of Krause’s Café leading up to the holidays. Guests can support their favorite small businesses and find artisan holiday gifts. The holiday shopping event series is family-friendly and free admission.
· Thursday, November 15 through Saturday, November 17 from 5 to 9 p.m.
· Friday, November 23 through Saturday, November 24 from 5 to 9 p.m.
· Thursday, November 29 to Saturday, December 1 from 5 to 9 p.m.
· Thursday, December 6 to Saturday, December 8 from 5 to 9 p.m.
MERRY TUBA CHRISTMAS
· Merry Tuba Christmas will be a free concert featuring live holiday tunes while showcasing New Braunfels’ best brass players. RSVP’s for participants are encouraged through email at MerryChristmasTuba@gmail.
· Thursday, December 13 at 7:30 p.m.
· Jolly ‘Krause Klaus’ will visit Krause’s Café throughout the month. Prices for getting a picture taken with Santa are $10 and $5 for reprints. Bring the family and enjoy a German platter while getting Christmas photos done.
· Friday, November 16 from 6 to 8 p.m.
· Saturday, November 17 and Sunday, November 18 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Friday, November 23 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m.
· Sunday, November 25 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Sunday, December 2 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Thursday, December 6 from 6 to 9 p.m.
· Saturday, December 8 and Sunday, December 9 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Saturday, December 15 and Sunday, December 16 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Saturday, December 22 and Sunday, December 23 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
SOUP AND BREAD DINNER
· After the Detour of Homes – a New Braunfels tradition of entering homes of artists, diy-ers, and gypsy lifestyles – the after party will be located at Krause’s Cafe. Each ticket holder of The Detour of Homes and the community are invited to Krause’s Soup and Bread Dinner, which includes Chef Jeremy ‘Boomer’ Acuna’s housemade vegetarian soup with bread. In spirit of the giving season, each $10 entry fee will be donated directly to the S.O.S. Food Bank of New Braunfels. The Humane Society of New Braunfels will also be on site with animal adoption information for locals looking to rescue a pet in time for the holidays.
· Wednesday, December 5 from 6 to 9 p.m.
TWO DUDES AND A DIVA HOLIDAY CONCERT
· Two Dudes and a Diva sing holiday tunes at Krause’s Café. World-renowned soprano Flicka Rahn, San Antonio tenor Timothy Birt, and pianist Daniel Wyman will perform classics from the opera and broadway genres.
· Thursday, December 20 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
For more events at Krause’s Café and Biergarten, please visit: https://www.krausescafe.com/
About Krause’s Café & Biergarten
Krause’s Café & Biergarten is a New Braunfels historic restaurant opened in 1938 and successfully run until 1995. Today, Krause’s Café honors the previous traditions of the restaurant with the addition of a ‘biergarten,’ live music, and more. The menu reflects New Braunfels’ German heritage as well as South Texas flavors. Over 70 beers are available on tap with local, regional, and international options. The restaurant also features cocktails and wines on tap. Krause’s Café is located at 186 S Castell Ave, New Braunfels, TX 78130, next to the popular New Braunfels Farmers Market. For more information, visit krausescafe.com