Heritage Hotels and Resorts, Inc. and Talbot Investor Group Acquires Inn & Spa at Loretto
Heritage Hotels and Resorts, Inc. and an investor group led by Randy Talbot announces the purchase of the award-winning Inn and Spa at Loretto to it’s impressive roster of New Mexico properties. The Loretto will join the other four other Heritage Hotels & Resorts properties in Santa Fe including Eldorado Hotel & Spa, Hotel St. Francis, Hotel Chimayo de Santa Fe and the Lodge at Santa Fe. The addition of Loretto will enhance Heritage hotels strong lodging presence in Santa Fe.
“The Inn and Spa at Loretto is one of Santa Fe’s premier properties offering guests exceptional accommodations, dining and spa services,” explains Jim Long, Founder/CEO of Heritage Hotels & Resorts, Inc. “The Loretto’s iconic architecture, modeled after Taos Pueblo, make it one of the most photographed buildings in the state. We are delighted to add Loretto to our portfolio of culturally-designed New Mexico properties and look forward to introducing our guests to this new experience.”
The original Santa Fe Pueblo Revival Style of the Loretto will be celebrated by the New Mexico based hospitality management company, Heritage Hotels & Resorts, Inc. The property’s art and design pay homage to the ancient Pueblo peoples of New Mexico.
The Inn and Spa at Loretto was founded in 1975 by the Kirkpatrick family, and sits on the former site of the historic Our Lady of Loretto Academy and is adjacent to the famed Loretto Chapel featuring the miraculous staircase. In 2009, the interior was updated by the renowned international design team Zimmerman and Associates. Every detail within the hotel was masterfully crafted to reflect the culture and sophistication of Santa Fe.
ABOUT INN AND SPA AT LORETTO
- The hotel offers 136 guestrooms including one and two bedroom suites
- The hotel has Santa Fe’s only Penthouse suite featuring 1,995 square feet of indoor space, 1,032 square feet of outdoor space, five terraces, two baths, second story master suite, luxurious king bed, full gourmet kitchen with separate formal dining area and a sun terrace with art studio. Updated in 2013 by the renowned design team of Zimmer Associates, the ultra-chic and spacious two-story Penthouse is a masterpiece of timeless form and contemporary function, providing the ultimate in Santa Fe luxury.
- The resort has 12,000 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor meeting, event and wedding spaces and can accommodate groups up to 300 people. Function space includes the 2,730 sq. ft. Zuni Ballroom, the 2,835 sq. ft. Chaco Ballroom and an outdoor sculpture garden.
- The hotel is located 2 blocks from the historic Santa Fe plaza and is next to the Gothic designed Loretto Chapel that is renowned for the story of a miraculous staircase which legend says was constructed or inspired by St. Joseph the Carpenter and was built sometime between 1877 and 1881. It took at least six months to build, and has two 360 degree turns with no visible means of support.
- Loretto features dining and nightlife at the award-winning Luminaria Restaurant and Patio and The Living Room bar/lounge.
- The acclaimed full-service Spa at Loretto located off the hotel’s lobby features a variety of holistic spa services and “Spirit of Loretto” signature aromatherapy blends.
- Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor swimming pool, 24-hour fitness center, full concierge services, specialty shops and art galleries, and a secluded outdoor sculpture garden with firepit.
- Artwork from several prominent Santa Fe galleries is showcased throughout the property and the hotel has an artist-in-residence program where guests can interact with local Santa Fe artists creating original works at the Loretto studio in the hotel.
- The Inn and Spa at Loretto has a roster of impressive awards including:
- AAA Four-Diamond Property since 2009
- Travel + Leisure World’s Best – Ranked a Top 500 World’s Best Hotels in 2014
- Conde Nast Traveler’s Gold List – World’s Best Places to Stay 2012-2013
- Conde Nast Readers’ Choice Award Top Hotel – Best Hotel in the Southwest list 2010-2016
- US News & World Report- Best Hotels in New Mexico 2010-2015
- TripAdvisor- Certificate of Excellence since 2012
- Travel Network- Best Wedding Venue in New Mexico
- USA Today 10Best- Top 10 Best Santa Fe Hotel, Best Hotel Spa
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellence 2009-2015
Hotel Loretto is a part of a eleven-property collection of culturally distinct hotels in New Mexico managed by Heritage Hotels and Resorts, Inc. In May 2017, Heritage Hotels and Resorts will open Hotel Chaco, a luxury hotel in historic old town Albuquerque. For details see hhandr.com