These Interesting Unusual Holiday Recipes will Inspire the Cook in Everyone
Here are some interesting unusual holiday recipes that will have you wanting to get in the kitchen this holiday. These recipes will certainly inspire any cook, whether you are a novice or a seasoned chef.
Delicious Recipe to Celebrate National Parfait Day
Here is a recipe to celebrate National Parfait Day on November 25th from Viki’s Granola, should you be a fan of this tasty layered dish!
Viki’s Granola Berry Parfait
- 6 ounces Yogurt (yogurt of choice)
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ½ cup Viki’s Granola Original
- Place 2 ounces of yogurt into a tall glass or mason jar.
- Pour a 1/3 of granola evenly on top of the yogurt.
- Place 2 ounces of yogurt on top of the granola.
- Add raspberries.
- Add remaining 2 ounces yogurt and granola on top.
Viki’s Granola: Viki’s Granola is made with 100% all natural ingredients, gluten-free and baked with love. Unlike other granolas with hard clusters, Viki’s has a fresh, soft, chewy texture and no artificial aftertaste. Available in five delicious flavors, Viki’s Granola is great to enjoy on its own or with yogurt for a nutritious snack, and are even available in snack packs, perfect for on-the-go!
More interesting unusual holiday recipes!
Cheers to Fruity Pebbles… with bourbon and a side of Churros!
Whether it’s a cocktail party, Christmas morning brunch, or a New Year’s Eve bash, the season of indulgences is upon us. Here is a delicious Fruity Pebbles Bourbon Milk Punch – the perfect grownup spin on your favorite childhood cereal.
This playful and frosty beverage is sure to satisfy every adult in the room, and pairs ‘sweetly’ with these chocolatey churros made with cinnamon and Cocoa Pebbles coating. (Also kid friendly!)
Fruity Pebbles Milk Punch
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Makes 1 glass
1/2 cup Fruity Pebbles Cereal
1 cup whole milk
2 ounces bourbon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon thawed whipped topping
dash of nutmeg
1 teaspoon Fruity Pebbles cereal
Combine Fruity Pebbles and milk in a cereal bowl. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. Strain out milk and discard cereal.
In a cocktail shaker, combine the Fruity Pebbles cereal milk, bourbon and vanilla extract with 3 ice cubes, and shake until frothy, about 30 seconds.
Strain into a double-old fashioned glass filled with ice.
Optional: Garnish with a dollop of thawed whipped topping, a dusting of nutmeg and sprinkle of cereal.
Gluten-Free Green Bean Casserole Recipe
Make sure everyone at your dinner table can enjoy classic dishes by giving them a healthier, gluten-free twist.
The below recipe for Gluten-Free Green Bean and Pasta Casserole will be the star of your holiday spread this year. Enjoy interesting unusual holiday recipes using Explore Cuisine Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccini, this dish is not only gluten-free but jam packed with protein, iron and fiber. Each two ounce serving of this organic, non-GMO pasta boasts 22 grams of plant-based protein that will keep you full throughout even the longest of dinner table conversations.
Serves: 8 – 10 people as a side dish or 6 as a main course
- Kosher salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package Explore Cuisine Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccini
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter or dairy free butter substitute
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup gluten free chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups (7 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 4 minutes. Add the beans to the pasta and cook for another 4 minutes. Reserve about 1 cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta and green beans.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until they start to brown, about 6 – 7 minutes. Add the stock and cream, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese then add the pasta and green beans. Add kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Add a little pasta water if the sauce is too thick. Pour the mixture into a 9 inch by 12 inch baking dish and bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
- While the casserole is baking, prepare the shallots. Line a plate with paper towels. Pour enough oil into a large skillet to come up ¼ inch. Heat over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, add the shallots and let cook for 12 minutes, the shallots should be quite soft. Raise the heat to high and cook, stirring often, until the shallots are well browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and let drain on the paper towels. Sprinkle with salt. The shallots will crisp more as they cool.
- When the casserole is done, scatter the shallots over the top and serve.
Chocolate Medallions- Your New Go-To Holiday Treat!
Do you find yourself always looking for a unique sweet treat to bring to holiday gatherings. These Pistachio Chewy Bite White Chocolate Medallions are a new go-to! This quick and easy recipe by Spork Foods has been a hit at the office, at friends’ houses, and at home!
Pistachio Chewy Bite White Chocolate Medallions
Yields 14-20 medallions
2 cups white chocolate chips
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
6 Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites, well chopped
Melt white chocolate in a double boiler, or heat-proof bowl over a small pot filled with about 1 inch water.
While chocolate is melting, add sea salt, folding mixture occasionally until smooth. Reduce heat to low.
Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spoon tablespoon sized dollops of melted chocolate as evenly as possible. Spread evenly until about 2 iches in diameter. When still warm, top with Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites.
Cool on the counter for about 30 minutes to firm up. Serve or store in refrigerator until using.
© Spork Foods, 2016
About Pistachio Chewy Bites
With two main ingredients, Pistachio Chewy Bites provide healthy snack lovers the amazing benefits of pistachios and cranberries in a delicious and nutritious bite-size bar. Pistachio Chewy Bites are heart-healthy, 100% all natural, gluten and dairy free, low in sodium, GMO free, vegan and a great on-the-go protein snack. They also have no cholesterol, zero trans-fat and are a good source of dietary fiber. These nutrient-rich snack bars provide a great balance of carbohydrates, protein and fat for sustainable energy. With 7 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber and healthy fat, the individually wrapped bars are the perfect one stop shop.
Enjoy some of these interesting unusual holiday recipes!