Game Day Sliders Recipe
In most American households, game day and sliders are synonymous. With Football season officially kicking-off, what better way to wow your family and friends then with Terra’s Kitchen recipe for Cheesesteak Slides.
So easy, that the most uncoordinated chef can prepare, and healthy enough for your most conscious of friends, these mini burgers will have your taste buds rooting for more. Combining the savory skirt steak with a delicious parmesan, these slides are great for lunch, dinner or even a tailgate snack.
Terra Kitchen’s Cheesesteak Sliders
- 12 ounces skirt steak
- 10 ounces bell pepper and onion mix
- 1 ounce pesto
- 1 ounce shredded parmesan
- 4 slider buns
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Salt & pepper
- Cook Vegetables: Add 2 teaspoons oil to a medium sauté pan over medium heat. When oil begins to shimmer, add vegetables, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to wilt and brown (about 10 minutes).
- Cook Steak: While vegetables are cooking, heat a lightly oiled grill pan or grill to medium-high heat. Liberally salt and pepper both sides of the steak and place on the hot grill. Cook, turning once, until cooked through (about 3-4 minutes per side). Remove and allow to rest.
- Finish Vegetables: Remove vegetables from heat and stir in pesto.
- Slice Steak: VERY thinly slice the steak against the grain.
- To Serve: Toast buns or not depending on your preference. Top each slider bun with sliced steak, cheese and vegetables.