Hornitos Tequila Salutes National Margarita Day with Hornitos Margarita Recipes to make at Home
Hornitos Tequila won’t let the cold weather get you down? Luckily, you don’t need to be in a beach chair to indulge in a hand-crafted margarita. With National Margarita Day right around the corner (Feb 22), sip on sunshine with Hornitos Tequila’s Shot Taker Margarita or Spicy Cucumber Margarita.
Here’s to a shot worth taking!
With an unforgettably bold, agave-forward taste, this silver tequila delivers a smooth, lively experience that is enjoyable from start to finish.
Hornitos Shot Taker Margarita
- 1 Part Hornitos Plata Tequila
- 2 Parts Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Part Agave Syrup
- Lime Wheel Garnish
- Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass with half a rim of salt and fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wheel and serve with a shot on the side.
Hornitos Spicy Cucumber Margarita
- 3 parts Hornitos Plata Tequila
- ½ part DeKuyper Triple Sec Liqueur
- 1 part Lemon juice
- 1 part Lime juice
- 1 part Agave Nectar (Optional)
- 1 Mini Cucumber
- 1 Jalapeno
- Muddle 1-2 thin slices of jalapeño pepper in the bottom of a cocktail shaker with the lime, lemon and optional agave nectar juices. Add the Tequila, Triple Sec and a handful of ice. Shake and strain into a margarita glass over ice. Garnish with thinly sliced cucumbers, and Jalapeño slices (optional for spice).
About Hornitos Tequila
Though all tequilas are made from the flesh of the Blue Agave, Hornitos® is different because Hornitos® doesn’t try to hide the true agave flavor of our tequilas, we preserve it. From inventing a unique way to make our agave-robust Reposado, breaking the rules to create crystalline Plata and going above and beyond tequila standards to make an ultra smooth and aromatic Añejo—everything we do has your taste buds in mind.