Scotch Day is the Perfect Time to Explore Scotch from the Popular Speyside & Highland Regions of Scotland
National Scotch Day is coming up on July 27th, which means it’s the perfect time to explore what the popular Speyside and Highland regions of Scotland have to offer. Whether you prefer it neat, on the rocks, or in a cocktail like the Penicillin or Rob Roy, BenRiach and The GlenDronach’s offerings give you an eclectic tour of Scotch styles, including:
- BenRiach The Original Ten ($53.99), re-imagines the 1898 origins of Benriach with a fruit-laden complexity and smooth, rounded taste. The Original Ten encapsulates the signature smooth and multi-layered character of Benriach.
Three cask matured for at least ten years in bourbon barrels, sherry casks and virgin oak, to create layers of luscious orchard fruit, sumptuous honeyed malt and toasted oak, all interwoven with a subtle trace of smoke. The perfect introduction to our signature style and richly layered Speyside Single Malt.
- BenRiach The Twelve ($59.99), aged for twelve years in sherry, port, and bourbon casks, creating a spirit that balances richly sherried malt with added layers of fruit complexity.
The Twelve is a new entry to the core portfolio, and features an updated recipe inspired by an old limited-edition 12 year Sherrywood whisky. The new offering is now enhanced with port and bourbon casks, creating a spirit that balances richly sherried malt with added layers of fruit complexity, reaching a pinnacle at 12 years old.
- The GlenDronach Original Aged 12 Years ($60), epitomizes the historic distillery’s unyielding dedication to the mastery of sherry cask maturation, aging in Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks for a smooth, soft flavor.
This superb richly sherried single malt is matured for at least 12 years in a combination of the finest Spanish Pedro Ximenez and Oloroso sherry casks. The GlenDronach 12 year old Original is a sweet, creamy dram bottled at 43% ABV and natural in colour.
- The GlenDronach Allardice Aged 18 Years ($150), presents exquisite complexity, with dark treacle, allspice and walnut carrying on into the long, lingering finish, a fitting tribute to the distillery’s founder James Allardice.
The GlenDronach 18 years old has been named after the renowned founder of the distillery, James Allardice. This exceptional sherried single malt is natural in colour and bottled at 46% ABV. Matured in the finest Spanish Oloroso sherry casks, this sublime richly sherried malt is truly unforgettable.
GlenDronach Rob Roy
1 oz. Vermouth
¾ oz. The GlenDronach Original Aged 12 Years
3 dashes Angostura Bitters
Garnish: Brandied Cherry
Method: Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Stir until very cold and strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with cherry.
2 oz BenRiach The Original Ten
3/4 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
3/4 oz Honey-Ginger Syrup
1/4 oz BenRiach The Smoky 10
Candied Ginger (garnish)
1. Add BenRiach The Original Ten, lemon juice and honey-ginger syrup into a shaker with ice and shake vigorously
2. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice
3. Top with BenRiach The Smoky Ten
4. Garnish with a piece of candied ginger
5. Pour and Enjoy
Preparing the Honey-Ginger Syrup
Combine 1 cup honey, 1 (6-inch) piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced, 1 cup water, to a saucepan over high heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes. Chill overnight, then strain, and discard solids.