More Exciting Things at Olé SA Including An Evening of Zarzuela, Cava Week, Master Class Jamón & Canciones
Pearl is excited to announce more exciting things are planned for Olé, San Antonio August 19th – August 31st, including an Evening of Zarzuela, Cava Week, Intercambio Dinner Series + More!
WHAT: Pearl is excited to announce various happenings for Olé, San Antonio from August 19th –August 31st. The remainder of August includes An Evening of Zarzuela, Intercambio Dinner at Southerleigh, Cava Week at Pearl and more!
Sunday, August 19: An Evening of Zarzuela at 5:30 p.m.
- Pearl, along with Casa de España en San Antonio, are excited to announce An Evening of Zarzuela at Pearl on Sunday, August 19th. Pearl will bring the Spanish Zarzuela; a performance of song, spoken word and dance to San Antonio. San Antonio native Judith Rodriguez along with Erich Schmidt, and pianist Anna Hakabyan will perform a selection of famous arias while patrons enjoy tapas and Spanish wine from a cash bar. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased here. The event is located at Pearl Stable.
Cava Week at Pearl: August 20 through August 25
- Join Pearl for Cava Week as the Spanish beverage will be flowing and be celebrated at several locations throughout the property. Participating bars and restaurants include High Street Wine, Supper, Larder, Sternewirth, Cured, Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery and Bottling Department Bar. Times vary per location.
Wednesday, August 22: Master Class Jamón at 10:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Hotel Emma will offer visitors and San Antonians the chance to have an in depth lesson on Jamón (ham). Larder and Sternewirth will be serving Jamón in tapas and dishes designed to highlight the ingredient. Expert Manuel Antonio Recio will also teach a master class on Jamón. There will additionally be a dinner at Supper to experience Chef John Brand’s take on the ingredient. Tickets are $25 and there will be two sessions; tickets can be purchased here.
Wednesday, August 22: Sherry 101 at 6:30 p.m.
- Join The Granary for an introduction to Spanish Sherry during an interactive tasting on August 22nd. Celebrate Olé at Pearl and learn about the Spanish wine regions and varieties of Sherry. There will be a tasting of six Sherries paired with traditional Spanish tapas. Price is $35 per person and can be reserved by calling The Granary at (210) 228-0124. The event is located at The Granary ‘Cue & Brew.
Thursday, August 23: Cava Reception – Master Printer Gary Nichols at 5 p.m.
- As part of Cava Week, Join us for a Cava Reception celebrating Ana Juan’s Tricentennial print, The Spirit of San Antonio: 300 Years. Master printer Gary Nichols from Hare & Hound Press joins Sherry Kafka Wagner as they discuss the collaborative project. This event is free and open to the public, and located at Galería Olé.
Wednesday, August 29: Intercambio Dinner Series: Chefs Jorge Fernandez and Jeff Balfour
- Chef Jeff Balfour of Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery hosts Chef Jorge Fernandez of Gastro Chigre in Madrid for an Intercambio Dinner. Fernández and Balfour will co-create a prix fixe menu with craft beer pairings for an exclusive number of guests. Tickets can be purchased for $80 per person (+ tax and gratuity) by calling Southerleigh at 210-455-5701.
Friday, August 31: Canciones featuring Joe Reyes and Friends at 6:30 p.m.
- Canciones is a free concert series dedicated to Texas. For the Olé edition of Canciones, Joe Reyes alongside current and former band mates will perform Spanish themed music. Food and drink will be available for purchase at the Bottling Department. The event will take place in Pearl Park.
WHERE: Pearl, Pearl Pkwy, San Antonio, TX 78215
Parking information available here: www.atpearl.com/.
For more information on Pearl, please visit www.atpearl.com/ and follow along on Facebook @HistoricPearl, Twitter @HistoricPearl, and Instagram @historicpearl. To join the Olé conversation, use hashtag #oleatpearl.