Your Perfect Birthday Cake can be Found at Buddy V’s La Cantera
Where else in San Antonio would you expect to find your perfect birthday cake than Buddy Valastro’s, the “cake boss” himself, ristorante!
September is said to be the month with the most birthdays—so let there be cake! As multiple people in San Antonio get ready to celebrate, TLC’s “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro invites guests to enjoy their special day at Buddy V’s Ristorante, located at The Shops at La Cantera.
Can’t make it? Have no fear because the restaurant is also revealing the secret recipe for its beloved Italian Birthday Cake! Please see below and get the full recipe here.
Italian Birthday Cake
- 3 vanilla sponge cakes
- Rum simple syrup
- Cannoli cream
- Chocolate pastry cream
- Toasted almonds
- Whipped cream
- Brush sponge with simple syrup. Then spread cannoli cream.
- Place second layer of sponge and brush with simple syrup. Then spread chocolate pastry cream.
- Place third layer of sponge and brush with simple syrup. Using a spatula, smooth chocolate pastry cream on the sides of the cake. Then smooth whipped cream on top of the cake.
- Coat the sides of the cake with toasted almonds.
- With the star tip in a piping bag, pipe a border around the top and bottom of the cake.
Tempting desserts you will find on the menu at Buddy V’s Ristorante are the “New Jersey” Style Cheesecake with whipped cream and Strawberry compote, Tiramisu made the traditional way with marsala mascarpone cream, chocolate espresso cake and lady fingers and Cannoli made of cinnamon pastry, sweet ricotta cream and topped with either cocoa drops or pistachios.
About Buddy V’s
Inspired by family gatherings, neighborhood barbecues, and the beloved recipes passed down by Buddy’s mother, grandmother and aunts, Buddy V’s is the first Italian restaurant brought to you by Buddy Valastro.