COURTESTY OF BRYAN FORGIONE
6 oz. dry bread (small diced)
6.5 fl. Oz. milk
2 lbs. ground pork
2 lbs. ground veal
2 lbs. ground beef
1.5 cup egg
0.5 cup EVOO
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp dry Italian
6 tbsp parsley (chopped)
1.5 cup Panko
0.5 cup Pecorino
0.75 cup Parma
4.5 tbsp salt
2 tsp pepper
1. Soak bread in milk for about 15 minutes.
2. Place all ingredients together into mixer equipped with paddle. Mix all thoroughly.
3. Portion into 2 oz. meatballs.
4. Sear in pan using olive oil, rotating to sear all sides.
5. Put seared meatballs into hot marinara sauce and simmer until meatballs reach 165 degrees.
Smashed Meatball Sub Ingredients
2 oz. ricotta
3 oz. marinara
2 oz. provolone (sliced)
1 hoagie roll (8”)
2 basil leaves
1. Place the hot meatballs with sauce on the bottom of the hoagie and smash meatballs into bread.
2. Top meatballs with provolone slices and spread ricotta on top side of hoagie.
3. Place entire sandwich into hot oven until the cheese is melted.
4. Once melted, tear basil leaves onto meatballs and place top half of bun onto sandwich.
5. Cut sandwich into half and serve with French fries.