Pearl Fun for Olé, San Antonio Continues for August 1-4 2018
Pearl Fun Continues in August with: Andrés Marín Exhibition Opening Reception, Free Concert by Concha Buika, Intercambio Dinner Series + More.
WHAT: Pearl is excited to announce various happenings for Olé, San Antonio, August 1st – August 4th. This week includes an Intercambio dinner at The Granary, a Spanish photography exhibition opening, a concert by Spanish artist Concha Buika, and more!
Wednesday, August 1: Sound Cream Sunset Sessions –Ibiza Feels at 5:30 p.m.
- For the Olé edition of Sound Cream, DJ Chaco will take over Pearl Park with an Ibiza themed dance party. Sound Cream will occur every Wednesday during the summer. This event is free and open to the public, located at Pearl Park.
Wednesday, August 1st and Thursday, August 2nd: Intercambio Dinner Series – Chefs Julio Fernandez Quintero and Chef Tim Rattray
- Chef Tim Rattray of The Granary hosts Michelin Star Chef Julio Fernandez Quintero of Abantal in Seville, Spain, for an Intercambio (exchange) Dinner. Quintero and Rattray co-created a six-course prix fix menu with Spanish wine pairings that will be available for two nights only. Seatings start at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $150 and can be purchased here. This event is located at The Granary.
Thursday, August 2: Andrés Marín Spanish Rituals Exhibition Opening Reception at 5 p.m.
- Andrés Marín is a photojournalist specializing in the rituals and popular traditions of Spain. Spanish Rituals showcases 30 years of documentary work – from colorful carnivals to tense bullfights – with an insider’s eye of Spain’s folklore. At this special opening reception you will have the chance to meet the artist, see his work, and sip on complimentary Cava. This event is free and open to the public, located at Galería Olé (302 Pearl Parkway, Suite 110).
Thursday, August 2: First Thursday Night Market at 4:00 p.m.
- Journey into Spain by joining Pearl for the Olé edition of First Thursday Night Market. San Antonio favorite Chayito Champion and the Los Flamencos de San Antonio dance troupe will captivate Pearl patrons with heartfelt and passionate flamenco performances throughout the night. Night Market goers will still be able to purchase items from their favorite vendors with Spanish-themed goods. This event is free and open to the public, located at Pearl Park.
Saturday, August 4: Concha Buika and Las Coronelas Concert at 7:00 p.m.
- In celebration of Olé, Concha Buika, the Grammy-nominated artist from Spain, will perform a special concert at Pearl Park. San Antonio favorite, Las Coronelas, the all-female mariachi group will open the show. The performance is free and open to the public.
Pearl Pkwy, San Antonio, TX 78215
Parking information available here: www.atpearl.com/.
For more information on Pearl, please visit www.atpearl.com/ and follow along on Facebook @HistoricPearl, Twitter @HistoricPearl, and Instagram @historicpearl. To join the Olé conversation, use hashtag #oleatpearl.