Papa Murphys Pizza the World’s Leading Take ‘n’ Bake Pizzas
**Full Disclosure: I received product in exchange for my review, but not to worry, all opinions are 100% mine.
How would you like a scratch-made pizza without all the hassle? That’s what you get at Papa Murphys Pizza! It’s the world’s leading take ‘n’ bake pizza.
Truthfully, I have heard the name Papa Murphy’s Pizza, but I guess I never realized what they were about. That is until now. I was offered some coupons to give this pizza chain a try which gave me the chance to learn a lot about it. So, I learned this is the place to get a fresh, made from scratch pizza which you pick up at one of their stores, take it home and bake it yourself. Fresh pizza in 15 minutes without doing all the prep, unless you call turning on the oven prep.
You can go to their website, find their location closest to you, choose what you want then phone in your order. Or you can stop into one of their locations and tell them what you want. (San Antonio has 4 Papa Murphy’s locations for you to choose from.) Choosing what you want will probably be your hardest task here. They have four types of pizzas to select from:
- CLASSICS & SPECIALS-This includes selections like XLNY® GIANT PEPPERONI & GROUND SAUSAGE – Garlic Traditional Red Sauce, Whole-Milk Mozzarella, Giant Pepperoni, Ground Sausage, Fresh-Grated Parmesan, Zesty Herbs, and Herb & Cheese Blend, all on an extra-large, foldable New York Style Crust.
- SIGNATURE PIZZAS – This would be something like PAPA’S FAVORITE® – Their Original Crust topped with Traditional Red Sauce, Whole-Milk Mozzarella, Premium Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Ground Beef, Sliced Mushrooms, Mixed Onions, Green Peppers, Black Olives, and Cheddar.
- GOURMET DELITE® PIZZAS – Something like this THAI CHICKEN – Their Artisan Thin Crust topped with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, Whole-Milk Mozzarella, Grilled Chicken Raised Without Antibiotics, Sliced Zucchini, Mixed Onions, Cheddar, and Crushed Red Peppers
- STUFFED PIZZAS – CHICKEN BACON STUFFED – Two layers of their Original Crust stuffed with Creamy Garlic Sauce, Whole-Milk Mozzarella, Grilled Chicken Raised Without Antibiotics, Crispy Bacon, Roma Tomatoes, Mixed Onions and topped with Creamy Garlic Sauce, Roma Tomatoes, Crispy Bacon, Mozzarella and Mild Cheddar.
- CREATE YOUR OWN PIZZA – Just what it sounds like CREATE YOUR OWN – Choose your size and one of their fresh dough options, and then top your pizza with everyone’s favorites.
Once you select what you are craving, their employees get right to work making it for you. They don’t use anything frozen here because, well because they want everything fresh. And because they don’t even have freezers. They make your dough, grate the cheese and chop the fresh veggies, all while you watch.
Once everything is put together like you want, they cover it in plastic wrap including the cooking instructions on top. Now all you have to do is take it home, turn on the oven and in 15 minutes, you have a hot, fresh baked pizza ready to be devoured. Now, who’s the boss?
Nothing beats the smell of a freshly baked pizza, especially one in a delivery box!
I chose to stop by my local Papa Murphy’s store and check it out before I ordered. That way I could ask any questions I needed to have answered along the way. After spending more time than I should studying the menu, I settled for the Herb Chicken Mediterranean pizza from their Gourmet Delite® Pizzas. It was filled with delicious goodies; Olive Oil, Chopped Garlic, Whole-Milk Mozzarella, Grilled Chicken Raised Without Antibiotics, Fresh Spinach, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Crumbled Feta and Zesty Herbs all on top of their Artisan thin crust. My pizza creator handed me my pizza, gave me some final tips about cooking and then I was on my way.
Cooking was a breeze too. They have the pizza in a disposable oven-proof pan, so all I had to do once the oven was at proper temperature was remove the plastic wrap, stick it in the oven and turn on the timer. That was it, other than slicing it and setting the table. It doesn’t get much better than this. And the pizza was delicious. Just look at that perfectly browned crust! The large (14-inch) was a perfect size to my husband and I, but they also have a medium (12-inch) and a family size (16-inch).
So feel free to stop by the cleaners to pick up your laundry, go to your afternoon yoga class or check out your favorite shoe place on your way home. With Papa Murphy’s Pizza, you still have time to get a hot, fresh meal on the table tonight. This pizza is how you would want to make it if you had all day to do it yourself!
This review was done at the:
PAPA MURPHY’S US HWY 281, 20821 US Hwy 281, San Antonio, TX 78258
Phone: (210) 545-7272
Sunday – Thursday 11am to 9pm
Friday & Saturday 11am to 10pm