ZAS Recipes to Raise Your Grilling Level Several Notches
Memorial Day and summer are just about here which means it’s officially grilling season and ZAS is here to take it up a notch or two. Here are some grilling recipes; each one uses ZAS Super Seasoning, created by Twang, the family-owned and operated creator and manufacturer of premium-flavored salts, sugars and seasonings based in San Antonio, Texas. With Latin roots and the Mexican tradition of adding citrus + salt to foods as the inspiration for many of their products, ZAS! is essential for anyone looking to up the flavor in their summer grilling. Each ZAS! blend has been designed to pair as a marinade with certain meats and veggies. The line of premium blends brings flavors from around the world to a backyard grill, with tastes reminiscent of a street vendor in Mexico City or a mango grove in India. ZAS! can be purchased online and is available in grocery stores such as Publix.
ZAS! Mango Chili Ceviche: This tropical, light ceviche recipe will give your readers their first real refreshing taste of summer.
All ceviche is tasty, but this version kicks it up a notch with the added tropical and spicy flavor of
Serving Size: 4
12 medium raw shrimps (cleaned and chopped)
¼ cup of fresh lime juice
1 small mango peeled and chopped
1 small Avocado cut into chunks
1 red onion finely chopped
¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 Tomato chopped
1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
ZAS! Mango Chili Super -Seasoning
1.Toss the shrimp in the lime juice enough to cover all the shrimp. Let sit for 12-20 minutes.
2.Once the shrimp is opaque, add the mango, avocado, tomato, red onion, jalapeno and cilantro.
Toss to combine all ingredients. Add more lime juice and let it sit in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes.
Remove and sprinkle on the ZAS! Mango Chili Super-Seasoning before eating.
ZAS! Tamarind Glazed Baby Back Ribs – An exotic sweet and tangy twist to the classic baby back ribs. A foolproof recipe for fall-off-the-bone tender and flavorful ribs.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 2 hours
- 1 rack pork baby back ribs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup Zas® Tamarind Super Seasoning
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp ZAS® Tamarind Super Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and ZAS® Tamarind Super Seasoning in a medium bowl for the rib seasoning.
- Apply the sugar mixture onto both sides of the ribs, wrap in foil, and cook in oven for 2 hours.
- In a small pot, add the brown sugar, butter and water components of the tamarind glaze and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the ZAS® Tamarind Super Seasoning to the glaze and stir to combine.
- After 2 hours, take ribs out and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Apply the Tamarind Glaze to the top of the ribs and serve.
Tamarind Ham Pineapple Kabobs
Serving size: 12 Kabobs
Time: 20 mins
1 can of pineapple chunks (drained), 36 ham cubes, 12 skewers, ZAS! Tamarind Super-Seasoning
- Alternate Ham Cubes and Pineapple chunks on skewers
- Grill 2-3 minutes on each side of skewer until heated through and charred.
- Sprinkle on several dashes of ZAS! Tamarind Super-Seasoning to taste.
About Twang Partners, Ltd.
Based in San Antonio, Twang Partners Ltd. is a family-owned and operated creator and manufacturer of premium-flavored salts, sugars and seasonings. Since 1986, Twang Partners has produced the highest quality products designed to enhance the taste, appearance and enjoyment of food and beverages. Brands include Twang Beer Salt, Twangerz Snack Topping, Twang-A-Rita, Café Zuca, Clamato Chili-Lime Salt, ZAS! Super-Seasoning. Find Twang products in grocery, convenience, liquor and specialty store shelves across the country. Twang Partners has successfully collaborated with some of the top food and beverage companies around the world to create innovative custom blends. For further information, visit twang.com.