Mexicos Top Notch Resorts are Sharing Their Favorite Margarita Recipes
As National Margarita Day approaches on February 22nd, Mexicos Top Notch resorts wanted to share with you several exquisite Margarita’s that can be enjoyed at their various resorts in Mexico. They are also including the recipes for each cocktail in case you want to make them at home.
There is no better way of honoring this authentic Mexican cocktail on its special day, then at these top-notch resorts: La Colección Resorts by Fiesta Americana, comprised of 12 distinctive resorts in the country’s best locations includes:
- Recipe/Ingredients: 1 ½ oz. Tequila Reposado, 1 oz. Blue Curaćao liqueur, 1 oz. lime juice and 1 dash orange juice served in a tall martini glass with a salted rim and lime garnish.
- Where: Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All-Inclusive
Margarita al Pastor
- Recipe/Ingredients: 1 ½ oz. Mezcal, 1.oz. orange liqueur, 1 tbsp sugar, handful of cilantro leaves and a dash of pineapple chipotle served in an old-fashioned glass with a chile powdered rim and pineapple garnish.
- Where: Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All-Inclusive & Spa
- Recipe/Ingredients: 1 ½ oz. White Tequila, ½ oz. Controy liqueur, 2 oz. lime juice, .06 ml coconut cream, ½ oz. simple syrup, .10 g coconut shavings and .03 g salt served in a welled Margarita glass with a cherry garnish.
- Where: Fiesta Americana Villas Acapulco
- Recipe/Ingredients: 1 ½ oz. José Cuervo 1800 Tequila, 1 oz. Grand Marnier liqueur and ½ oz. lime prepared frozen or on the rocks served in an old-fashioned glass with a salted rim.
- Where: Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun
- Recipe/Ingredients: 1 ½ oz. Mezcal, 1 oz. Controy liqueur, 1 oz. lime juice, 3-4 minced lychees served in a saucer Margarita glass with 2 lychees and mint garnish.
- Where: Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All-Inclusive Golf & Spa
- Recipe/Ingredients: 1 oz. White Tequila, ½ oz. Controy liqueur, ½ oz. lime juice, ½ oz. sugar, ½ oz. tomato pulp and 1 strawberry served frozen in a welled Margarita glass with strawberry and lime garnish.
- Where: Fiesta Americana Cozumel All-Inclusive
Solmar Hotels & Resorts has been welcoming guests to its collection of seven all-suite resorts located in Baja California’s most desired beach destinations since 1974. The hotelier is proud to offer guests with the following refreshing margaritas:
- Recipe/Ingredients: 2 oz. Tequila Don Julio Blanco, 1 oz. natural grapefruit juice, ½ oz. Controy, 1 oz. Pucker watermelon Schnapps, a hint of lemon juice.
- Where: Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas Resort Golf & Spa
Margarita Playa Grande
- Recipe/Ingredients: 1 ½ oz. Tequila Clase Azul, 1 oz. lemon juice, 15 g. fresh mint, 20 g. serrano chili, 6 oz. Ginger Ale.
- Where: Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa
Margarita The Ridge
- Recipe/Ingredients: 1 ½ oz. Tequila Don Julio Anejo, 1 oz. lemon juice, 1 ½ oz. Controy, 60 g. natural pineapple with Tajin.
- Where: The Ridge at Playa Grande
- Recipe/Ingredients: 3 oz. Tequila Blanco, 1 oz. seedless cucumber, 1 oz. agave nectar licqueur, 2 oz. freshly-squeezed lime juice, 2 oz. agave nectar, coarse salt, thinly-sliced cucumber, lime wedges and ice
- Where: Norman Estates at Rancho San Lucas
- Recipe/Ingredients: 2 oz. Mezcal Amores Espadin, 1/8 oz. lime juice, 1/8 oz. grenadine, 60 g. Cherry tomato, 1 g. Basil, Tajin, bitters, cherry tomato and basil for garnish.
- Where: Rancho San Lucas Los Cabos
- Recipe/Ingredients: 2 oz. Tequila Don Julio 1942, 1 oz. lime juice, 1 oz. Controy, 1 oz. Grand Marnier, 4 oz. carrot juice, 1 lemon slice, 1 orange slice, Tajin, rosemary, habanero chile and a carrot stick
- Where: Rancho San Lucas Los Cabos
Seadust Cancun Family Resort, overlooks the idyllic beaches of the Mexican Caribbean and sets the standard for family vacations that bring back the true meaning of being together. The resort provides guest with the following mouth-watering Margarita:
- Recipe/Ingredients: 2 oz. Tequila Reposado, ¼ oz. Blue Curaćao liqueur, 1 ½ oz. Triple Sec, 1 oz. lime juice, 1 oz. pineapple juice, 10 small cubes of grilled pineapple, 4 ½ limes served in a Tumbler beverage glass with a salt rim and pineapple and lime garnish.
- Where: Seadust Cancun Family Resort