Sunday Supper and Jam and Toast Brunch Available at San Antonio Entertainment Venue
The Rustic, San Antonio’s top entertainment venue is now serving Jam and Toast Brunch & Sunday Supper. This family-style brunch is served both on Saturday and Sundays with free live music. And best of all y’all, the bands featured here are all Texas local. The brunch is from 10am – 2pm and the music starts at 12:30pm. Sunday Supper is just that, family-style supper while being serenaded with good music. This is one place YOU won’t have to sing for your supper!
The Rustic has comfortable seating inside and out. The inside actually opens to the outside for an alfresco feel. Every seat is a good seat in the house. This place has a casual atmosphere to make you feel right a home.
On Saturday and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., you can toast to the weekend during Jam and Toast Brunch served family-style. Their food is scratch-made daily in their kitchen using as many local ingredients as possible. I stopped in for the brunch on a Saturday and found out what this whole Jam and Toast thing is about. Mostly I found out it was a lot of really good food served with some premium awesome cocktails.
Each brunch attendee will receive:
- Cheese & Fruit – local cheeses, honeycomb, fresh fruit and assorted breads
- Country Baked Eggs – sharp white cheddar, chives and organic baby spinach
- Butchershop Skillet – bacon and sausage from Rudolph’s Market
- Baby Fried Toast – hand-cut challah soaked in vanilla custard, topped with house-made rosemary syrup
- Hot Chicken – Nashville-style spicy fried chicken and dill pickles
- Smoked Cheddar Grits – creamy polenta cakes with roasted poblanos and smoky cheddar on sausage gravy
- Daily Donuts – small batch donuts freshly baked just for you
I also had the “THAT SALAD” a light and lively mixture of spring mix, toasted pecans, red grapes, bacon, blue cheese & nutty croutons with a very tasty cider vinaigrette.
They also offer toastable cocktails like:
- Mariposa Mimosa
- House-made Bloody Mary
- Rustic Screw
Many of their cocktails are made with local Texas spirits too. And their assortment of Texas beers is very impressive, both draft and cans/bottles.
Coffees, juices and other non-alcoholic options are also available.
Music lineup this weekend is:
December 2, 2017
D and Chi! D and Chi are a Dallas Indie pop duo that’s taking what they learned on the streets of the Bishop Arts District to the world.
Marcy Grace is an up and coming singer/songwriter from San Antonio, Texas bringing fresh and new ideas to the Americana market.
December 3, 2017
Carrying over to Sunday evening, The Rustic serves up a delicious family-style menu for Sunday Supper from 2 p.m. to close. Guests can choose one of the following entrées:
- Fried Chicken – half a bird hand-crusted with The Rustic’s special recipe
- Double Cut Pork Chop – wood-grilled with smoked paprika, garlic and lemon juice
- Wood-Grilled Chicken – half chicken rubbed with ancho chile and brown sugar
To accompany your choice of protein, the restaurant will serve an unlimited amount of the following farm-fresh sides:
- Green Salad – young kale and lemon dressing
- New Potato Salad – creamy-style with fresh dill and green onion
- Jalapeño Spoon Bread – cornmeal, pickled jalapeño, white cheddar and creamed corn
- White Hominy – broken posole, smoked ham and chipotle garlic cheese
- Clean & Green – seasonal green vegetable, simply steamed
Members of the military and uniformed police officers, firefighters and paramedics receive 25% off food, every day.
**Full Disclosure: I received brunch in exchange for my review. But don’t worry, all opinions are 100% mine.**
The Rustic, San Antonio (The RIM), 17619 La Cantera Pkwy Ste 204, San Antonio, TX
Monday – Thursday, 11am – 12am
Friday, 11am – 2am
Saturday, 10am – 2am
Sunday, 10am – 12am