Top Local Hot Spot, MAX’S Wine Dive, Puts New Spin on Seasonal Ingredients
MAX’S Wine Dive introduces seasonal chef’s menu: top local hot spot puts new spin on seasonal ingredients just in time for the Holiday Season!
MAX’s Wine Dive, the family-owned, comfort food destination known for its unique pairing of fried chicken and champagne, has announced a new chef-crafted menu incorporating locally-sourced ingredients inspired by Chef Cesar Hernandez’s eclectic culinary background. Celebrate the cooler weather and upcoming holiday season with this unique blend of seasonal fare crafted with a homestyle flare.
The new menu was designed by Chef Cesar Hernandez who says the inspiration behind the menu is his own family gatherings.
“I love celebrating the holidays with my family and was inspired by the comforting smells of all of the different dishes cooking in the kitchen,” said Chef Cesar Hernandez. “Seeing the table full of home-cooked food is my favorite part of the holiday season. I really wanted to translate that nostalgia of home into my cooking with a bit of a MAX’S twist.”
On the Seasonal Chef’s Menu, an array of locally-sourced, seasonal ingredients are used such as sweet potatoes, green beans, toasted pecans, and more. These ingredients are best enjoyed during the winter, and have been crafted by Chef into unique, gourmet dishes.
Some of the new seasonal menu items available include:
- Burrata Salad: Arugula, Crispy Prosciutto, Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Rosemary Truffle Vinaigrette, Shaved Hazelnuts, Balsamic Reduction (pictured above)
- Confit Duck Steamed Buns: Confit Duck Legs, Coleslaw, Kewpie Mayo, Pickled Ginger, Jalapeño, Radish
- Bone Marrow Bread n’ Butter: Foie Gras and Bone Marrow Butter, Pear Mostarda, Arugula Salad, Grilled Texas Toast, Honeycomb
- Seafood Bouillabaisse: Salmon, Shrimp, Mussels, James River Oyster, Lobster, Shaved Fennel, Saffron Rouille, Grilled Sourdough (pictured above)
- Wild Boar Gnocchi: Braised Boar, Potato Gnocchi, Fava Beans, Fontina, Calabrese Peppers, Shaved Wild Boar Lonza
The new menu is available December 1, 2017 at MAX’s Wine Dive San Antonio: Quarry Village, 340 E. Basse Rd. #101.
For more information, visit www.maxswinedive.com.
MAX’s Wine Dive
MAX’s Wine Dive is a family owned business famous for bringing gourmet comfort food with a delicious spin to guests alongside an expertly curated selection of wines, or cocktails, in a casual, rock-n-roll atmosphere. For more than 10 years, MAX’s Wine Dive has garnered numerous accolades and awards including, Wine Enthusiast Magazine’s “The Nation’s 10 Best Brunches” in 2013, Travel + Leisure’s “Best Wine Bars” in 2012, OpenTable Diners’ Choice for “Top 100 Brunch Restaurants in the U.S.,” “5 Best American Fried Chicken Joints” according to FOX News in 2014, “12 Restaurants on the Rise” in 2014 for Food Business News and Southern Living Magazine’s “The South’s Best Fried Chicken.”