Interesting Labor Day Recipes & Snacks that are Delicious and Easy
No one wants to work on Labor Day, even if it is for a party. So here are some interesting Labor Day recipes and snacks that will keep you out of the kitchen and please your guests.
Daniel Mancini, co-founder, native Italian and meatball mogul of Mama Mancini’s shares his recipe of the Italian Bacon Burger. This Italian Bacon Burger is the perfect addition to your Labor Day Weekend celebration – (please find his recipe below.
Furthermore, if you’re interested in trying Mama Mancini’s products, they offer an all-natural, freshly prepared line of meatballs, stuffed meatballs, slow-cooked Italian sauces and more made with only real, delicious ingredients.
Daniel Mancini of Mama Mancini’s Italian Bacon Burger
- 1 lb. of 80-20 ground beef
- 4 pieces of thick cut bacon cooked and crumpled
- ¼ cup of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of minced red onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- Combine all the ingredients without over working the meat. Try laying the ground beef out on a cutting board and spread the ingredients on the beef. Then slowly mix everything together.
- Place the burger mix in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Form the burgers loosely – do not press the meat together.
- Allow the burgers to come to room temperature.
- If using the skillet, add one tbsp. of butter for every 2 burgers. Cook to desired temperature.
- If using a grill, top each burger patty with 1/2-tbsp. of butter and grill to desired temperature.
*** Daniel Mancini Pro Tip – I prefer a cast iron skillet either stove top or on the grill.
Labor Day, being an American holiday, should also include some great red, white and blue snacks. These festive snacks are perfect for all ages to enjoy.
Whether you’re throwing a huge backyard party or just enjoying the long weekend with family, be sure your kitchen is stocked and loaded with snacking essentials.
Below I’ve highlighted some fun, colorful snacks and beverages for your Labor Day celebrations!
Kids will love the Welch’s fruit snacks and Munk pack fruit squeeze and parents will love that they are healthy snacks. Kids may even consider these snacks as dessert. The Explore Cuisine Lentil Penne makes up a delicious and healthy version of pasta salad, a must dish for any outing.
- Welch’s Strawberry Fruit Snacks
- Munk Pack Raspberry Coconut Oatmeal Fruit Squeeze
- Explore Cuisine Organic Red Lentil Penne
The Bruce Cost Ginger Ale and Sparkling Ice Lemonade are both great chilled and served as is but they also make great mixers for refreshing cocktails. The Bruce Cost Ginger Ale is made with real ginger and provides iron, calcium and a little vitamin A and C. And the Carrington Farms Coconut Oil Paks make it easy and convenient to cook anything healthy whether its in the backyard, at a neighborhood park or on the beach.
If you are looking for something delicious and healthy for friends and family that you can just put out for everyone to grab and go, you should consider bags of The Little Kernel Mini Popcorn. They come is six delicious flavors that are sure to please everyone. The AquaBall sugar-free children’s water will keep little ones hydrated on a hot outing and have the added benefit of being enhanced with vitamins. Viki’s Granola also makes a healthy snack and is made with all natural ingredients. You can also use it to made a healthy dessert like the Mixed Berry Crisp (recipe on their website) which I have made and I can tell you it is a crowd pleaser.
- The Little Kernel Truffle Sea Salt Miniature Popcorn
- AquaBall Berry Frost Sugar-Free Children’s Water
- Viki’s Granola Blueberry Almond
Speaking of desserts, Wonderful Pistachios would like to recommend a tasty, trendy and better-for-you dessert that everyone can enjoy! This recipe is a delicious twist that adds pistachios and Greek yogurt for your daily source of protein. Whether you have a lot of parties lined up, or are looking forward to a weekend of relaxation, this simple and easy-to-make dessert is one you’ll be happy you waited for.
Pistachio Yogurt Paletas
Total time: 5 hours
Servings: 6 paletas
1 cup Greek yogurt
½ cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons agave or honey, or to taste
2 drops green food coloring, optional
1/3 cup of Wonderful Pistachios No Salt, finely chopped (plus more for crusting the paletas)
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, agave or honey and food coloring (if using) until smooth.
2. Add the chopped Wonderful Pistachios and stir until incorporated.
3. Pour the mixture into Popsicle molds and freeze until it begins to set, about 1 hour. Then, insert the sticks and freeze again until solid, about 4 hours. (If using other types of molds, just follow the manufacturer’s instructions).
4. Optional: Once the paletas are frozen, spread some chopped pistachios on a plate, remove popsicles from mold and roll them in the pistachios.
5. Serve immediately or keep them in the freezer until ready to eat.