Cool Cocktails from Baileys Almande and Tequila Don Julio to Celebrate the 4th
Cool cocktails for this years 4th of July! The grill is fired up and the flag is waving high but everyone knows that a great cocktail is the most important part of your 4th of July celebration! Whether lounging by the pool, laying in the sand or sticking it out in the city, we’ve got the perfect additions for your party.
Want to be a patriotic host but haven’t quite mastered liquid layering? We’ve made it easy with a red, white and blue cocktail made with Baileys Almande and raspberries! Recreate the Stars and Stripes cocktail from NYC Mixologist Jane Danger and don’t forget the blue straws! If you’d rather mix it up and make something a little different, then grab some Baileys Almande, coconut water, frozen blackberries, strawberries and raspberries and have at it! Throw it all in a blender and BAM you’ve got yourself a batch of Unicorn Smoothies.
Want to have your drink and eat it too? Recreate a summer favorite with the Don Julio Creamsicle made with Tequila Don Julio Blanco, fresh orange juice, fresh lime juice and coconut cream, just freeze and serve as a popsicle!
Stars and Stripes – Cool Cocktails
Created by Mixologist Jane Danger
2 oz Baileys Almande
1/2 oz Tanqueray No. TEN
3/4 oz Simple Syrup
1/2 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
Lemon Wheel and Raspberries for Garnish
- Muddle raspberries with simple syrup, gin and fresh lemon juice in a rocks glass.
- Top with ice and Baileys Almande.
- Garnish with lemon wheel and raspberries.
Ideal Serve: Collins Glass
Baileys Almande Unicorn Smoothie – Cool Cocktails
Created by Erin McDowell
1 1/2 oz Baileys Almande
1 cup Vita Coco Coconut Water
1/2 cup Frozen Blackberries
1/2 cup Frozen Strawberries
1/2 cup Frozen Raspberries
Fresh Blackberries, Strawberries and Raspberries for Garnish
Dairy-free Whipped Cream for Garnish
Sprinkles for Garnish
- In a blender, puree the blackberries with 1/3 cup coconut water and 1/2 ounce Baileys Almande until smooth. Pour into a tall glass.
- Add the strawberries to the blender, and puree with 1/3 cup coconut water and 1/2 ounce Baileys Almande until smooth. Pour into the glass on top of the blackberry mixture.
- Add the raspberries to the blender, and puree with 1/3 cup coconut water and 1/2 ounce Baileys Almande until smooth. Pour into the glass on top of the strawberry mixture.
- Arrange a few of the fresh berries on a wooden skewer and put it into the drink. Serve immediately and garnish with dairy-free whipped cream and sprinkles.
Ideal Serve: Collins Glass
Don Julio Creamsicle – Cool Cocktails
Created by Mixologist Angela Laino
1 oz Tequila Don Julio Blanco
2 oz Fresh Orange Juice
1/4 oz Fresh Lime Juice
1/4 oz Simple Syrup
1/2 oz Water
Vanilla Coconut Cream*
*Vanilla Coconut Cream
1 can Coconut Milk
1/2 oz Simple Syrup
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place coconut milk in refrigerator for 20 minutes. Open can and scrape off solid coconut cream into a bowl.
- Add simple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Combine Tequila Don Julio Blanco, fresh orange juice, fresh lime juice, simple syrup and water into a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
- Pour contents into popsicles mold and freeze.
- Serve in an Old Fashioned glass with vanilla coconut cream for dipping.
Ideal Serving Glass: Old Fashioned Glass