Safe Catch Recipes get Away from the Usual Barbecue Fixings
Let Safe Catch take the humdrum out of your Memorial Day recipes. Memorial Day Weekend is known for cookouts, getting together with friends and did I mention food? There’s the normal spread of hotdogs, hamburgers, pasta and potato salads, but if you’re looking to mix it up this year, Safe Catch has created delicious and summery recipes. The 100% mercury tested tuna company’s recipes consist of their healthy and nutritious tuna and other light ingredients. Some of the recipes include: Refreshing Tuna Cukes, California Tuna Burgers, Avocado Tuna Bruschetta and Tuscan Tuna Salad.
BACON WRAPPED STUFFED JALAPEÑOS
Serving Size: 2
Makes: 10-14 peppers
Submitted by: Whole Fork
1 (5 oz.) Can of Safe Catch tuna
3 Green onions, finely chopped
1/3 – 1/2 Red bell pepper, finely chopped
3-4 TBSP Paleo mayo
5-7 Jalapeño peppers
5-7 Strips of bacon
Salt and pepper
Stir together the tuna, onion, bell pepper and mayo. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut peppers in half lengthwise and clean out all of the white insides and seeds.
Stuff each pepper with the tuna mixture.
After, wrap each pepper with a strip of bacon. Smaller peppers might only need 1/2 a strip of bacon.
Warm a frying pan over medium heat.
Arrange the peppers on the pan so the ends of the bacon are pointing down and will stay closed while cooking.
You can secure the bacon with toothpicks if necessary.
Turn the peppers over so the bacon cooks evenly on every side.
Once cooked, remove the peppers and allow to cool on several paper towels to drain excess oil.
SAFE CATCH APPLE HARVEST TUNA SALAD
Serving Size: 1
Prep Time: 10 minutes
• 2 cans of Safe Catch tuna (Don’t drain, no oil or water added)
• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon chopped, flat-leaf parsley
• 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
• ¾ cup finely diced Honeycrisp apple, unpeeled
• ¼ cup chopped pecans
• 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• Pinch salt
• Pinch black pepper
• 1 teaspoon honey
1. Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl and stir until completely combined.
Safe Catch Tuna Paleo Cucumber Cups
Prep time 20 mins
Total time 20 mins
Serves: 12 cups
• 2 cans Safe Catch wild skipjack or albacore tuna, do not drain!
• 1 seedless English cucumber
• 2 tablespoons bell pepper, minced (optional)
• 1 stalk celery, minced
• ⅓ cup Whole30 compliant mayo
• 2 tablespoons mustard
• 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
• salt and pepper, to taste
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber, leaving about ½ inch between peels so that the cucumber skin stays on in alternating stripes. Cut off both ends of the cucumber. Then, slice into ½-‐inch thick chunks. Scoop out the center of each slice so that there’s a little divot for the tuna salad. Put on a plate and set aside.
TUSCAN TUNA SALAD
Serving Size: 1
Submitted by: My Sage Gourmet
2 (5 oz.) Cans of Safe Catch tuna 1 Dozen Small grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1-2 TBSP Shallots, finely minced
2 TBSP Avocado oil
1 (15 oz.) Can Borlotti or Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained well
2 TBSP Lemon juice
1/4 TSP Tuscan Herbed Sea Salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Place tuna, tomatoes, shallots, avocado oil, and beans in a medium size serving bowl, stirring gently with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Add Tuscan Herbed Salt and pepper to taste, mixing gently.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stays fresh for 24-48 hours