New Cheeseburger in Paradise Recipe for National Hamburger Month (May) from Margaritaville
In celebration of National Hamburger Month this May, Margaritaville, the global lifestyle brand inspired by Jimmy Buffett, is sharing a new cheeseburger recipe for anelevated version of its original Cheeseburger in Paradise, as well as the favorite burger recipes of some famous friends such as Ohio State University Head Football Coach Urban Meyer and the hosts of ABC’s “The Chew.” One of the most celebrated holidays at Margaritaville, National Hamburger Month is the perfect excuse to enjoy one of America’s most beloved foods and pay tribute to Margaritaville’s signature Cheeseburger in Paradise that has been served with a side of fun for 30 years.
The elevated Cheeseburger in Paradise recipe is a spin on the classic and a true favorite of Jimmy Buffett himself. Instead of Heinz 57, the burger features a tangy, creamy, and finger-licking good sauce that elevates the burger to new heights, and instead of a simple beef patty there’s a spice blend so that every bite has a kick of its own. Of course, the “big kosher pickle” makes its way into the sauce, tucked under the bun, for the unmistakable crunch Jimmy so melodiously celebrates.
Cheeseburgers in Paradise with Paradise Island Dressing
1 ¾ pounds ground beef
1 tablespoon Margaritaville House Spice Blend (see recipe below)
2 tablespoons neutral oil
4 burger buns, split and lightly toasted
8 slices American cheese
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
4 large tomato slices
8 dill pickle slices
½ cup Paradise Island Dressing (see recipe below)
1. Divide the ground beef into 4 even portions and shape each into a patty.
2. Sprinkle both sides of each burger with some of the Margaritaville House Spice Blend.
3. Place the oil in a large, heavy cast iron skillet that can hold the burgers in an even layer (or work in batches or use two skillets).
4. Set the skillet over high heat and turn your exhaust fan on. Once the skillet is smoking hot, place the burgers in the skillet and cook until the undersides are nicely browned, about 2-3 minutes.
5. Carefully turn the burgers and top each one with 2 slices of American cheese. Cook until the second sides are nicely browned and the cheese melts, a final 2-4 minutes.
6. Put ¼ cup of shredded lettuce on the bottom half of each burger bun and top with a cheeseburger. Top each cheeseburger with another ¼ cup of lettuce, a slice of tomato, and a few slices of dill pickle.
7. Spread 2 tablespoons of Paradise Island Dressing on the undersides of the top buns and then close the burgers. Serve immediately.
Margaritaville House Spice Blend
Makes 1/3 cup
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon ground cumin
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
Paradise Island Dressing
Makes 1 cup
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup ketchup
2 tablespoons drained pickle relish
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Place all the ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk together. Taste for seasoning, adding more lime and/or salt as needed.
Watch how it’s done:
Throughout the month of May, Margaritaville will share recipe videos including the recipe for the new cheeseburger on its social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and blog so that fans can recreate tasty burgers at home!