Spring Recipes made with Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour & Gaea Olive Oil!
With Spring comes warmer weather, trips to the beach, poolside fun and wonderful tasting Spring recipes you will want to dig into.
We want to get in shape for the summer while still eating healthy. Two product that help us meet our healthy goals and still eat amazing food are Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour and Gaea Olive Oil. Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour is a great-tasting, flour alternative that is low in carbs and perfect for paleo and gluten-free baking. From muffins to scones and pancakes, this flour will be the baker’s best friend this spring. The Gaea Kalamata D.O.P Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a cold extracted superior category olive oil with a unique pepper and almond aftertaste that adds a wonderful flavor to your baking.
Below are some delicious Spring recipes using both of these great products!
Feta and Olive Oil Cakes
5.30 ounces (or a little less than ¾ cup) feta cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 1/4 Tbsp. honey
1/2 cup Gaea’s Kalamata D.O.P. Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
3.50 ounces (or a little less than ½ cup) ground almonds
1 tsp. baking powder
Gaea Pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
Brown sugar for garnishing
Preheat oven to 350F. Process the cheese with the sugar and honey in a mixer until smooth. Add olive oil. Combine flour with the ground almonds and baking powder and add to bowl while mixing. Divide batter among 6 greased one-use individual cake molds and top each with half an olive. Sprinkle top of batter with brown sugar and bake for about 25 minutes.
Coconut Flour Pancakes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cream (coconut cream for non-dairy substitute)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Carrington Farms Unflavored Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil for cooking
- Mix eggs, cream and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly fold wet mixture into dry mix.
- Heat griddle or frying pan to medium heat. Add Carrington Farms Coconut Cooking Oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until top starts to bubble around the edges.
- Top with bananas, maple syrup or any other topping and enjoy!
Lemon Pound Cake with Coconut Butter Glaze
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup Carrington Farms coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T Carrington Farms coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 t baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, for glaze
- 2 T maple syrup, for glaze
- 2 T lemon juice, for glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and grease a 7.5” by 3.5” loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Add the coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut butter, maple syrup, and lemon juice for the glaze. Spread on cake.
Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour for your Spring recipes: Give your baked goods and meals a nutritional boost with Carrington Farms’ new baking essential – Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour. This flour is a great-tasting, nutritious flour alternative that will amp up the nutrition in any of meals. Carrington Farms’ Organic Coconut Flour is naturally gluten-free, low in carbohydrates, and perfect for paleo and gluten-free baking. Not only that, but it contains the lowest level of carbohydrates on the market and is an excellent source of soluble and insoluble flour. Try using it in place of regular flour in pancakes and French toast, or even as a flour replacement in your chicken parmesan. Light and fluffy – Carrington Farms Organic Coconut Flour is a must for all your baking and meal prep needs. MSRP: $13.99 on www.carringtonfarms.com
Gaea Kalamata D.O.P Extra Virgin Olive Oil comes from the P.D.O. region of KALAMATA in the southwest Peloponnese, overlooking the Ionian Sea is a vast olive grove and the land that gave birth to the most sought-after world famous “Koroneiki” olive variety. Used solely for the production of this cold extracted superior category olive oil, the fresh, green handpicked Koroneiki olives deliver an extremely well-balanced oil with a unique pepper and almond aftertaste and is perfect for your Spring recipes. Gaea Kalamata’s flavor profile includes an intense aroma of green banana and perennial herbs and a bright, peppery flavor of fresh green olives rich in antioxidants. Gaea products are available through a variety of leading grocery, mass and natural retail outlets including Whole Foods, Publix, Sprouts, Harris Teeter, H-E-B and others. MSRP: $12.99 www.gaeausa.com