THE ILLUSIONISTS – LIVE FROM BROADWAY RETURNS TO THE MUSIC HALL AT FAIR PARK FEB 28 – MAR 5, 2017
On the heels of a highly successful multi-city tour and run on Broadway, the world’s best-selling touring magic show, THE ILLUSIONISTS – LIVE FROM BROADWAY™, returns to play in Dallas at the Music Hall at Fair Park February 28 – March 5, 2017, for a one week limited engagement presented by Dallas Summer Musicals; as part of its North American tour to more than 50 cities in 2017.
THE ILLUSIONISTS – LIVE FROM BROADWAY™ is produced by Simon Painter, Tim Lawson and MagicSpace Entertainment. Conceived by Simon Painter, the show’s creative team also includes executive producer Tim Lawson, director Neil Dorward and creative director Jim Millan.
Full of hilarious magic tricks, death-defying stunts and acts of breathtaking wonder, THE ILLUSIONISTS has shattered box office records worldwide and thrilled audiences of all ages with a mind-blowing spectacular showcasing the jaw-dropping talents of seven of the most incredible illusionists on earth.
Creative Producer Simon Painter said, “We can’t wait to bring this electrifying show to Dallas for a truly entertaining experience for the whole family. THE ILLUSIONISTS is the most non-stop and powerful mix of outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on the live stage.”
The seven stars, each a master in their own field, are:
- The Anti-Conjuror, Dan Sperry: Described as Marilyn Manson meets David Copperfield, Dan combines the art of magic with the macabre and is one of the top-10 most Googled people, thanks to a legendary “America’s Got Talent” appearance.
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Inventor, Kevin James is known for innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Escapologist, Andrew Basso: Italy’s star escape artist, Andrew considers Houdini his hero and is fast becoming one of the world’s most popular illusionists. He is the only person in the world to perform Houdini’s famous Water Torture Cell with absolutely no covers.
- The Deductionist, Colin Cloud, one of the greatest thought readers of all time is a psychic savant known as a real-life Sherlock Holmes. Don’t play against him in a game of poker – he’s never lost.
- The Daredevil, Jonathan Goodwin, is widely considered one of the most creative, skilled, and frankly crazy stunt performers in the world. He is an accomplished knife thrower, archer, escape artist, fakir, martial artist, free diver, and free climber. Unlike the other performers in the show, Jonathan is not a magician or illusionist but he will leave the audience breathless with his death-defying stunts.
- The Manipulator, An Ha Lim: The first place winner at Korea’s Busan International Magic Competition (2006), Italy Club Convention Manipulation (2006) and World Magic Seminar in Asia (2007), An Ha Lim was also a Golden Lion Award winner at the World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas (2008).
SIMON PAINTER, CREATIVE PRODUCER
Simon Painter is a visionary creative theatrical producer who hails from London. Simon started his career on stage as a classical violinist, and performed the lead role for SPIRIT OF THE DANCE in Las Vegas. The first show he produced, LE GRAND CIRQUE smashed box office records at the Sydney Opera House selling over 40,000 tickets in 10 days. His two subsequent productions, AERIAL DREAMS and ADRENALINE also broke records in Sydney and across the world and achieved critical acclaim. In 2010 Simon had five versions of LE GRAND CIRQUE playing concurrently. In late 2010 Simon joined forces with Australian producer and close friend Tim Lawson and began assembling the greatest magical minds from a wide spectrum of disciplines. His production of THE ILLUSIONISTS has already performed to record breaking crowds in theatres and arenas across the globe including Australia, Mexico, Latin America, South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. In addition to THE ILLUSIONISTS: LIVE FROM BROADWAY, Simon’s current projects include LE NOIR (THE DARK SIDE OF CIRQUE) and ILLUSIONISTS 2.0, both of which are currently playing extensive international tours.
TIM LAWSON, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER Tim Lawson is the CEO of TML Enterprises, servicing Australia and international territories with first class musicals and family entertainment with productions spanning across over 100 cities in 20 countries.Australasian theatrical touring credits include SWEET CHARITY, BUDDY – THE MUSICAL, JOLSON starring Rob Guest, SPIRIT OF THE DANCE, OH! WHAT A NIGHT, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF starring Topol, IT’S A DAD THING!, WEARY – THE LIFE OF SIR EDWARD DUNLOP, SHOUT! THE MUSICAL, BRAVE MEN RUN IN OUR FAMILY, JEKYLL AND HYDE starring Brad Little and THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW narrated by Richard O’ Brien. Tim’s award winning production of A CHORUS LINE transferred to the prestigious London Palladium, and his production of CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG recently completed a 13 month tour. With partner Simon Painter, credits include LE GRAND CIRQUE, ARIEL DREAMS, ADRENALINE, LE NOIR – THE DARK SIDE OF CIRQUE, THE ILLUSIONISTS and THE ILLUSIONISTS 2.0, all enjoying record breaking success and extensive international arena and theatrical touring.