Up Game Day by giving Your Guests a Guaranteed Win with Jarlsberg® Cheese!
Up game day with Jarlsberg Cheese, the nationally recognized premium brand of cheese, that celebrates the Big Game with array of cheese that is perfect for any palate. What better way to enjoy it than with winning recipes for your party? With all eyes on the screen, you’ll be the winner on Game Day with delicious, mouthwatering finger foods that will make you the toast of the Big Game. Jarlsberg is available in many flavors including:
- Jarlsberg Cheese is famous for its characteristic mild, sweet and nutty taste and its large round holes.
- Jarlsberg Cheese debuts the hottest and perhaps most thrilling new addition to their iconic cheese family yet: Jarlsberg Cheese Snacks. Fans can now savor the delicious classic taste of Jarlsberg Cheese, with a mild, mellow and nutty flavor, in this delightful, portable snack. These individually wrapped Cheese Snacks are perfect for snacking!
- Jarlsberg Cheese Crisps are the new savory, crunchy baked crackers handcrafted in small batches, and made with freshly shredded Jarlsberg Cheese that is immediately sprinkled on top of the crunchy crackers just prior to being baked. New Jarlsberg Cheese Crisps takes the mild, mellow and nutty flavor of Jarlsberg Cheese and bakes it into a delicious crunchy snack. Each Crisp is topped with Jarlsberg Cheese, using the original Norwegian recipe, perfectly balanced with invigorating seasoning and spices for a savory, scrumptious and delectable bite.
- Jarlsberg Cheese Lite has the same mild, nutty flavor as regular Jarlsberg Cheese with 50% less fat and 30% fewer calories, than regular Swiss cheese. This low-fat variety of Jarlsberg Cheese original has the characteristic large round holes, with a lower fat content – perfect for those days when you crave the sweet, nutty delights of Jarlsberg Cheese but need to watch your diet.
- Jarlsberg Hickory Smoked Cheese has a piquant smoky taste, and like most smoked foods has a darker, browner surface. Jarlsberg Hickory Smoked Cheese is cold smoked over smoldering, hickory chip embers, this hickory smoked flavor will enhance your cold or hot foods, with its deep, smoky charm.
Enjoy these special Jarlsberg Cheese recipes for your Big Game party, and let the games begin!
Jarlsberg Cheese Nachos will up game day
2 cups shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
1 bag tortilla chips
1 Broccoli head, grated
2 green chilies, diced small
2 garlic cloves, diced small
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 limes – juiced
Fresh pepper to taste
Dash of coriander
How to Bake:
Spread tortilla chips on flat pan (use parchment paper to avoid clean up). Top with cheese, and baked for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. While chips are cooking, toss all other ingredients in bowl. Remove from oven and top with all tossed ingredients.
Orange Marinated Jarlsberg Cheese
6 oz Jarlsberg Cheese
2 tsp. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. olive oil
2 sprigs fresh thyme
Pinch cayenne pepper
2 oz. walnuts
How to Prepare:
Cube cheese and chop the walnuts and thyme. Peel, section and cube orange, saving one piece to juice for marinade. Whisk liquids together, including juice of orange segment, and add in all other ingredients. Place in glass jar with tightly fitted cover and marinate minimum of one day. Enjoy!
Mac N Cheese Sandwich will up game day
MAKES 2 PORTIONS
600 g pasta flour
6 egg yolks
4 whole eggs
1 pinch salt
a little olive oil
50 g flour
50 g butter
500 ml milk
150 g Jarlsberg®
When the weather gets chilly it’s important to cook something that makes you feel cosy inside. Our take on Mac ‘n’ Cheese is fancy enough to serve at a party – whilst still hearty and filling
Blend the pasta ingredients together in a mixer and let rest for 30 minutes.
Roll the pasta into long macaroni shapes using a pencil or long utensil.
Stick the pasta together with water and flour to create the shape of a sub.
Place pasta in an oven at 180 degrees until golden brown (about 30-40 mins).
For the sauce, melt butter in a pot on medium heat, add flour and mix together until it forms a ball.
Then add hot milk slowly and cook for 10 minutes until a thick sauce is formed.
Put the béchamel onto the pasta sub once cooled.
Add parma ham, quails eggs, avocado, tomato and rocket and grated truffles for an indulgent appearance.
Tuck in! Serves 2.
About Jarlsberg® Cheese:
- In 1956, we created Jarlsberg Cheese, using an original Norwegian recipe. Why does Jarlsberg® cheese taste so mild, nutty and delicious? It’s all part of the legend…and Norway’s most guarded recipe! Jarlsberg Cheese Minis is the winner of Men’s Health Best Snack Award for 2014 and 2015. All Jarlsberg Cheese varieties are naturally lactose and gluten free.
- For a complete product list and more recipes go to www.jarlsberg.com