Game Day Recipes that are High Protein and Low Calorie
As we approach the biggest (and most engorging) game day of the year, here are some scoring high-protein, low-calorie, touchdown-worthy game day recipes that incorporate Muuna. These dishes will keep you satisfied from the first kickoff to the last touchdown. Not to mention they are a healthy swap option for some of the not-so-good-for-you and tempting game day snacks!
Let’s enjoy the game and these three healthier game day recipes on this exciting day!
Cottage Cheese Spinach Dip with Muuna Lowfat Plain by Elizabeth Shaw from Shaw Simples Swaps
This dip packs a flavorful punch when made with a variety of vegetables. It’s also gluten-free and contains 19 grams of protein.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, drained
- 12 ounces 2% low fat Muuna Cottage Cheese
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon dried celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat the frozen spinach in a microwave safe dish for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove and using pepper towels strain the water out.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach, Muuna Cottage Cheese, sour cream, water chestnuts and stir.
- Add in the spices and thoroughly combine.
- Serve cold with tortilla chips or fresh veggies.
Mexican Style Tortilla with Muuna Lowfat Plain credit to Access Hollywood
Swap greasy wings and tacos for this faux Mexican dish that’s packed with flavor AND protein.
- 2 tbsp. Muuna plain cottage cheese
- 6 inch whole grain tortillas
- Veggies, like tomatoes and avocado
- Black pepper
- Hot sauce of choice
- Mix 2 tbsp. Muuna plain cottage cheese with a squeeze of lime and a shake of black pepper
- Add mixture to 6 inch whole grain tortilla
- Top with your favorite veggies, like fresh tomatoes and avocado
- Add a dash of your favorite hot sauce
Celebrate the end of football season (or maybe a win for your favorite team) with this easy-to-make chocolate cheesecake dip that’s deliciously rich, creamy and packed with protein.
- 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. coconut butter**
- 1/4 C milk (I used coconut for the flavor)
- 1 C 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C powdered sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- shredded coconut for topping, optional
- mini chocolate chips for topping, optional
- gluten free sprinkles for topping, optional
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut butter to a microwave safe bowl and heat at 50% power until melted and set aside.
- Add the milk, cottage cheese, and cream cheese to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate mixture and blend for another minute until thick, creamy, and smooth.
- Pour the dip into a bowl and chill completely before serving – at least 2 hours but overnight is best. Top with shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, and sprinkles before serving if using. Serve with your favorite gluten free cookies, brownie bark, or graham crackers.