JoyRide One Month Weight Loss Challenge is Doable Even for Foodies
Teaming up with nutritionist Ilanit Blumenfeld and The Good Kind makes JoyRide One Month Weight Loss Challenge easily doable. JoyRide is making it easy and fun for the San Antonio community to stick to their new year’s resolutions with a one-month weight loss challenge — all with a little help from its friends, New York nutritionist Ilanit Blumenfeld, RD, MPH of IBG Nutrition and Tim McDiarmid of The Good Kind. The challenge is aimed at helping participants gain a healthier, more joyful version of themselves through a lifestyle challenge which combines JoyRide’s addictive cycling and fitness classes, group-support, nutritionist-designed meal plans and the convenience of The Good Kind meal deliveries. The 2017 JoyRide Weight Loss Challenge begins on Monday, January 9, and runs through Friday, February 3.
Top New York nutritionist, Ilanit Blumenfeld, RD, MPH of IBG Nutrition, has teamed up with JoyRide to create a nutritional plan that guides challenge participants through healthy food preparation and cooking. Ilanit’s goal is to teach her clients how to create delightful yet healthy meals that aid in shedding pounds. Ilanit believes in diverse meal plans that are customized to suit your taste and hectic life. Whether you love to cook or don’t have the time, Ilanit’s options work for anyone and everyone. She is so determined to help JoyRiders continue their health journey after the challenge that she is adding an additional 3-weeks of meal plans to this year’s Challenge.
To make sticking to the meal plan even easier, San Antonio’s favorite caterer, The Good Kind, is available to deliver JoyRide Challenge meals by Ilanit Blumenfeld straight to your front door. The Good Kind is known for lending a hand to the Alamo City’s goal to be a healthier city. It vows to always use ingredients that nourish and sustain while still tasting delicious. The Good Kind deliveries will be available starting the first week of the challenge. Now there is no excuse to jump on the JoyRide One Month Weight Loss Challenge!
JoyRide is making this challenge as enjoyable and doable no matter how much you love food. If you forgot how the challenge works, check it out here. Also attached is Ilanit’s delicious spaghetti squash recipe. Spaghetti squash seems to be every health nut’s go-to carb replacement. We’ve tried many, many recipes before, but no other spaghetti squash recipe comes close to this New York nutritionist’s.
This recipe is another reason to take the JoyRide One Month Weight Loss Challenge! Eating food like this will having you on the health track in no time.
By Ilanit Blumenfeld of IBG Nutrition
Nutritional information per serving: calories 321, fat 10, protein 39g carbs 9g, fiber 5g
1 spaghetti squash
4 large tomatoes
½ – ¾ cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
1 ½ cup chicken broth
1 lb of ground turkey breast
1 cup Craisins
1 cup pitted black olives
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1. Cut squash in half and place face down in the oven on 350 F for 40 minutes.
2. Remove from oven and let cool. Scrape out the insides with a fork (it will be in strands).
3. Chop 3 onions, 6 carrots, and 4 large tomatoes. You can use a food processor to make it quicker. Sautee in 1 ½ tbsp olive oil. Use ½ of the sautéed onion/vegetable mixture and add ground turkey breast, 1 tbsp ketchup, ½ cup tomato sauce and 1 cup chicken broth. Cook together, occasionally stirring until meat is almost entirely cooked (5-8 minutes).
4. Add ½ cup of Craisins, lower temperature to simmer, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. On the side, use other half of the sautéed onion/vegetable mixture and cook with spaghetti squash on medium low heat. Add 1 cup of chopped black olives, ½ cup chicken broth, 1 tbsp ketchup and ½ tsp salt. Sautee together on medium heat for 5 – 10 minutes.
6. Mix in ground turkey. Stir together for 3 minutes.
7. Serve in spaghetti squash shell.
** Add spicy peppers or parmesan cheese for a different taste.
***For a vegetarian version, divide all of the ingredients (except spaghetti squash in half) and exclude ground turkey.