Pepperidge Farm Introduces a New Flavor in Time for the Holiday Season
Just in time for the holidays Pepperidge Farm launches their new Toasted Marshmallow Milano cookie making a great ingredient for awesome desserts. The new cookie is now exclusively available in Target, selectively on Amazon and will be available nationwide January 1st. The SRP is $3.69.
December is officially here and with the cold, wintry month comes fire pits and roasted marshmallows! They have worked with the chefs over at Pepperidge Farm to create a few amazing dessert and cocktail recipes featuring the new Milano flavor to help celebrate the launch!
Marshmallow Milano Cheesecake from Pepperidge Farm
Chocolate heaven for sure. This cheesecake is filled with cocoa chocolate chips, Milano cookies and marshmallows baked to ooey-gooey perfection.
One Package Milano
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
8oz. package Cocoa Bittersweet Chocolate chips
4 each 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups Granulated sugar
1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
4 large eggs
1 cup Marshmallow topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9-inch-diameter spring form pan.
- Blend cookies in a food processor until finely ground; blend in sugar.
- Add melted butter and process until well blended.
- Press crumbs evenly onto bottom pan. Bake just until set, about 5 minutes. Cool while preparing filling.
- Place chocolate chips in metal bowl over saucepan of simmering water until melted, turn off heat.
- Place cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder in a mixer until smooth, add eggs one at a time, pour in chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Pour filling over crust and add 12 Milanos evenly pushed slightly into filling.
- Place in oven and bake until center is just set and just appears dry, about 1-hour, turn off oven and prop oven door open slightly for 1-hour.
- Remove from oven and chill overnight in refrigerator.
- The next day remove cheesecake from oven, remove from pan. Smooth marshmallow topping, brown with blow torch.
Milano Tiramisu from Pepperidge Farm
This elegant treat will be a fireside delight for your guests. The mouthwatering Dutch cocoa and espresso filling are sure to disappear fast.
6 large egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup whole milk
Four 8-ounce containers mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2 cups espresso or strong coffee, room temperature
1/2 cup coffee liquor
2 packages Milano cookies
1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Line an 8x13in baking dish with plastic wrap, leaving a 3-inch overhang on all sides.
- Make the custard: Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water until the sugar dissolves, whisking constantly until custard reaches 170 degrees.
- Place the bowl over another bowl with ice water and chill the custard.
- Put the mascarpone in a large bowl. Fold the custard into the mascarpone with a rubber spatula until combined and set aside.
- Combine the coffee and coffee liquor in a shallow bowl. Dip the Milano in the coffee mixture quickly and in the baking dish in a single layer.
- Spread 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture over the soaked Milano layer. Repeat with a second layer of coffee-dipped Milano, arranging them in the opposite direction.
- Top with another one-third of the custard. Repeat with the remaining Milano, alternating directions.
- Spread the remaining custard on top and dust with the cocoa powder. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder and top with shaved chocolate and additional Milanos.
Winter Toasted Marshmallow Milano Cocktail from Pepperidge Farm
Looking for way to please your guest this holiday season? Share a little heavy cream, espresso and vodka with this cocktail that will make any holiday gathering a tasty success!
1 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream/heavy cream
1 oz vanilla vodka
2 oz peppermint schnapps
1 oz espresso, chilled
1 Toasted Marshmallow Milano
Combine the Bailey’s, Vanilla Vodka, Peppermint Schnapps, and Espresso in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake for 15 seconds and strain into a cocktail glass. Place the marshmallows on top of the glass and use a flame to torch the marshmallow (carefully), garnish with a Toasted Marshmallow Milano and serve.