Wonderful IMUSA Recipes Pair Beautifully with Santa Margherita Wines for Holiday Meals
Pair these wonderful IMUSA recipes with Santa Margherita wine. As we are about to head into the midst of holiday season, it’s time to start peeling the potatoes, glazing the ham and pouring the wine! This year for the holidays, break the mold from the stereotypical fruitcake, candy yams and cranberry sauce and try instead these wonderful IMUSA recipes. There is no better place for one of fall’s staple ingredients, squash, to be other than mixed in with creamy risotto, or the earthiness of a herbed garlic sauce atop an Adobo Skirt Steak.
Wondering about what to pair these wonderful IMUSA recipes with? How about some great wines from Santa Margherita.
Butternut Squash Risotto Paired with Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large chopped onions
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup Arborio rice or short grain rice
- 4 chopped sage leaves
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Using the IMUSA pressure cooker, soften onions with olive oil under high heat, for about one minute. Add butternut squash and continue cooking for another minute.
- Mix in rice and cook for one minute. Pour in the white wine and allow most of the liquid to evaporate while mixing, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and sage leaves and mix gently. Allow it to come to a boil and cover the lid. Once the IMUSA pressure cooker builds enough pressure (the orange pressure regulator tab pops up), lower the heat to medium and cook for seven minutes.
- Turn off the heat and using a wooden spatula, gently press on the pressure control valve (on the center of the lid) to allow all of the pressure to escape until the orange pressure regulator goes back down.
- Open the lid and add parmesan cheese and mix well. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
**Recommended wine pairing: Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio
Tiramisu Trifle with Espresso Chocolate Sauce Paired with Santa Margherita Prosecco
- 2 14oz packs of Italian lady fingers (crunchy)
- 1 c of granulated sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 3 eight ounce containers of mascarpone cheese
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly brewed espresso hot or warm
- ½ cup of condensed milk
- ½ cup Kahlua liquor
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cups bittersweet or semisweet chocolate curls
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large heat proof glass bowl beat egg yolks and sugar for 5 minutes on medium to high speed. Place bowl over a pot of simmering water and continue beating until the mixture doubles in size. Remove bowl from heat and add the containers of mascarpone cheese and continue beating until very smooth. Place bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream with 2 T of sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream mixture into the bowl of the cheese mixture and chill.
- In a shallow casserole dish combine ¾ c of the espresso, ¼ c of the Kahlua and the condensed milk. Dip the lady fingers in this espresso mixture one at a time and layer in the bottom of a trifle dish or any decorative dish you desire. Top first layer of lady fingers with a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat this process one or two more times depending on the size of you dish finishing with the cream. Sift the cocoa powder over the top layer of cream and top with the chocolate curls. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours in a trifle dish or 8 hours if slicing from a rectangular vessel.
- For the sauce:
- Right before serving, and in a medium saucepan bring the remaining ¼ cup of espresso and ¼ c of Kahlua to a boil over medium high heat. Remove from heat and add the 6 ounces of semisweet chips. Allow to stand 3 to 5 minutes until melted. Stir well until very smooth. Serve immediately with the Tiramisu- on the side.
**Recommended wine pairing: Santa Margherita Prosecco. The Prosecco is the perfect wine to complement this dessert.
Adobo Skirt Steak with Herbed Garlic Sauce Paired with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Riserva
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound skirt steak (4 servings)
- 1 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cilantro
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Prepare steak marinade by combining first 10 ingredients in a bowl and whisking them together.
- Place steaks into a large resealable plastic bag and add marinade
- Shake well, making sure that steaks are evenly covered, and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- In the meantime make the herbed garlic sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Plug in your IMUSA Panini maker and allow pre-heating for about 5 minutes.
- Remove each steak, and in two batches, cook steaks in the Panini maker for 2-3 minutes for thin steaks or longer for thicker pieces (medium-rare).
- Serve steak drizzled with sauce.
***Recommended wine pairing: Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Riserva. The Chianti’s sweet spice flavors will complement the steak.
Try any of these wonderful IMUSA recipes this holiday!