Celebrate National Pasta Month with Explore Cuisine’s Gluten Free Pasta
Explore Cuisine’s gluten-free pasta is definitely a reason to celebrate National Pasta Month. Spaghetti, penne, fettuccine and lasagna – they’re all year-round favorites, but make sure to serve up a bowlful this month- October is National Pasta Month!
Put a healthy twist on a typically glutinous meal with products from Explore Cuisine! Explore Cuisine offers pastas made from organic beans, lentils, and peas. Jam packed with protein, iron, and fiber, Explore Cuisine pastas are all certified-gluten free, vegan, and kosher. Take the guilt out of your favorite pasta dishes with these healthy pasta alternatives.
To celebrate this delicious month, I wanted to share a few recipes: Simple Spaghetti for beginner chefs and Green Lentil Penne with Goat Cheese Sauce for those who like to try new things in the kitchen.
Green Lentil Penne with Goat Cheese Sauce
1 package Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Penne
1/3 lb. super-skinny asparagus tips about 3″ to 4″ long
2 oz. goat cheese
3 T. olive oil – divided
1/2 t. fresh thyme – chopped, plus more for garnish
1/3 c. hot pasta water
salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cook asparagus in salted boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and shock in an ice bath. Drain and set aside at room temperature.
- Cook penne according to package instructions, reserving some pasta water.
- Drain penne and place in a large bowl with crumbled goat cheese and 2 T. olive oil, toss to coat. Add enough hot pasta water to make a smooth creamy sauce. Season with thyme, salt and pepper. Gently fold in the asparagus.
- Meanwhile, fry eggs sunny-side-up in 1 T. olive oil.
- Divide penne among 4 plates. Drizzle with balsamic syrup. Top with fried egg.
Simple Vegan Chickpea Spaghetti
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
1 cup organic pasta sauce
- Cook the spaghetti until soft according to the packet directions.
- Drain the water from the pasta, and stir in the pasta sauce. Add more if you like more sauce.
- Serve in bowls and then sprinkle the nutritional yeast on each one.
- Season with salt and extra nutritional yeast if desired.