City’s Favorite Guacamole Place, Boudro’s Texas Bistro, Celebrates National Guacamole Day
Boudro’s Texas Bistro, the city’s favorite guacamole place, is celebrating National Guacamole Day on Friday, September 16. This guacamole recipe comes from Boudro’s Texas Bistro, the jewel of San Antonio’s River Walk, where its famous guacamole is prepared tableside.
Boudro’s Guacamole Recipe
Freshly prepared at your table with diced avocado, roasted tomato and serrano pepper, cilantro and fresh lime and orange juices. Serves two.
• Juice of 1/4 of an orange
• Juice of 1/2 a lime
• 1 avocado seeded and scooped out of skin
• 2 tablespoons roasted and charred Roma tomatoes, diced
• 1 roasted Serrano pepper, seeded and diced
• 1 tablespoon medium dice red onions
• 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
• coarse ground salt to taste (sea salt is better)
Squeeze juices into bowl. Add avocado and coarsely chop. Add onions, roasted tomato, serrano and cilantro fold into avocado mixture. Add salt (more is better). Result should be crudely chopped not mashed. That’s it, enjoy!
Their recipe is even better when eaten at their lovely restaurant on the river watching the boats meander by.